1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Cruise Control for Fiat Punto

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Prasanna Godugu, Sep 21, 2011.

1. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Rajan sir,

Lets make it happen in all other fiats.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    It is absolutely doable in the Punto. I have no doubt about that. The Palio maybe a different story. I am not sure.

Rajan
  3. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    But what about that Body computer and leonardo program in punto. Is this problem also there in punto 90.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks Sat. This is what I have been saying right from the beginning. 1.3 MJD on the Linea is easily doable, but not on the GP. As far as I researched, installation on the Linea (all variants) seems to be a straight forward thing. Get a supported CC stalk, connect 4 wires to the ECU, to the correct pins based on your variant, supply +12V to the fifth wire and you are done. It just works.

However, I am yet to find one Punto installation that uses a different CC stalk. For the Punto, it appears to only support the OE column switch, which comes as a single unit, as per the picture posted by Prasanna. It appears to require only one connection from pin 8 of the steering column connector to pin 41 of the body computer. It then also seems to require activation using software. Unless we try hands on, it is hard to say what it would take to get CC on a GP.

Rajan
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  5. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore
    Relating to the topic... One doubt ... Will installing CC in car within warranty , will spoil the warranty terms & conditions ??
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    As per popular belief, it should not. I did not cut any wires, you see :D

Jokes apart, in our system, where warranty depends on your rapport with the SC, rather than technical / legal requirements, I would say, it depends. My car is still under warranty, BTW. Not sure if it will still hold good, or will be deemed as void.

Rajan
  7. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    A CC working in a FIAT is a dream come true nevertheless the use of it in indian conditions is realistic
  8. Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I think you meant unrealistic. Very true. Even during my test runs of different speeds, 15 kms each, I was only able to keep CC engaged for about 12 kms. Maybe it was because it was city outskirts, albeit NH :D

Sat, I think the difference is in the way CC is implemented and not just the steering column switch. I think CC is controlled by the BCM, which sends relevant signals to the ECU in the GP, but the stalk sends signals directly to the ECU in the Linea.

Rajan