1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Cruise Control for Fiat Punto

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Prasanna Godugu, Sep 21, 2011.

1. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    So, as i have said earlier, that the BCM resembles more of linea rather than the punto, now i am almost convinced that the BCM & CPL present in the punto 90 HP is the same as that of the linea 1.3 MJD. I have already posted pictures of the ECU which clearly states that it is the same as that of linea. Also, find bleow the pictures of the BCM taken from linea elearn and compare it with the picture taken from my car.
    bcm rear from wiring diagram linea elearn.PNG

bcm rear view.jpg

Similarly see to the connector A, E and connector F, they have the same number of pins, 36, 20 and 18 respectively.

connector A pinout.PNG

connector E pinout.PNG

connector F pinout.PNG

Then i looked into the ECU pin out to see whether the pins 19,20,21,22 are wired but they are not.

ecu pin out.PNG

wiring diagram cc linea elearn.PNG

Also, with respect to the wiring diagram above, see that the connection from the ECU and BCM via CAN is present as pin 40 and 64 are wired.

Now what i plan to do is

1. To see whether pin no 25, 24 of connector A is wired or not. These are the connections from the BCM to the instrument panel for the Cruise control LED.
    2. See whether the pin 8 of connector F in the CPL is blank or not. I suppose this should be the power supply to the stalk H005.
    3. Then i am going to source the OBD II diagnostic tool and i already have multiecuscan.

As rajan, mentioned in one of the posts, at least for 90 HP and linea MJD it should be a straight forward installation as done in his T-jet provided the necessary DNA (software) is present in our "made for India" BCM. I will post other findings in the weekend.

Also, please mention the specifications of the wires that should be used (I have already searched a lot and don't want to search for this too)
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
    12 people like this.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Awesome progress there Satish. I am sure a lot of Punto owners are watching and waiting for that Eureka moment :up

Please use 26 awg multi-stranded copper wire of Finolex or some other popular brand. Ensure it is automotive grade.

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  3. bbllaazzee

bbllaazzee Amatore

Bangalore
    Way to go Satish, if you cannot find automotive grade, see if you can get 0.20 sqmm finolex or havells cable. Most of these cables come with triple protection insulation, so should be good enough as the wires are way away from the engine when you install it.
    Automotive grade is the best if you can find it, I could not find here in bangalore after searching 40 odd shops, many of them don't know what automotive grade is, so don't be surprised if the shop guy questions you.
    Like Rajan mentioned buy a good quality wire(branded), where I made a mistake.
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Awesome Progress. Cheers to you dude.

You should add the word "LAZY" somewhere in that line.
    1 person likes this.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Yes Patchyboy I am one of them :up

Sathish I am following this thread since long but I dont understand much these diagrams.

Is it possible to get CC on/off on Punto 90HP? I own 90HP and I would like to have CC on my Punto.
  6. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Based on the circuit diagram above, This is same as powering PIN 20 from the battery directly that you already tried. Given that the Cruise message did not show up on the MID (assuming the message is not suppressed due to lack of connections to PIN 24, 25 as pointed out by you above), i think the rest of it is all redundant i guess.

Not trying to discourage at all, just trying to analyse the information you posted. I presume the ECU has all required connectivity to the MID to display the Cruise message when PIN 20 is powered, so i suspect the software on the ECU at this point.

Anyway, we should or rather you should leave no stone un-turned. I would have helped with some testing but absolutely need my car running next week. If your testing gets delayed, i can test stuff next weekend when i can live without the car if something gives up.
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  7. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @vj_v1: Till now what i have done was only reading the theory part and present my views here. You must be confusing mine with some other's posts. I am yet to do every thing in practicals, but before that i need the tools to do that.

I am aware of the fact that you guys(rajan, linealoer etc) were not successful and that time too rajan's suspect was the software. Nobody can discourage and encourage me other than myself:D. So, feel free to comment. I was talking about the pin 8 in connector F because i thought i could get a 12 v power supply through a fuse which is already present in the system rather than direct connection from the battery. Also, there will be one wire less to travel from the engine bay to the interior of the car :cool:.
    1 person likes this.
  8. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    There was no confusion, i was talking to you Sathish.

And forget about the PIN 8 connection between B002 and H005, it is not required technically, power can be tapped from the battery @Rajan - i was just looking up your thread again to see where you took +12v from for your final connection, was it from the battery directly?

The only mystery/open end now is if PIN 24 and 25 on the Body computer is actually avoiding the whole thing from working. Highly unlikely but still... . I believe the connection will already be there.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I have just posted an update on my thread. I think connection from pin 8 is critical. Looks like, unless power is drawn from there, the BCM will not recognize the CC.

I took +12V on my Jet from fuse meant for sub-woofer, in the fuse box inside the cabin.

Rajan
  10. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Is this the diagram for the Punto or the Tjet? IF it the TJET, it is the same PIN 8 that is connecting the Cruise stalk.

However, you are drawing power from the subwoofer Fuse and not from PIN 8 but your's still works?? Am i missing something?