1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Cruise Control for Fiat Punto

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Prasanna Godugu, Sep 21, 2011.

1. rpm19050

rpm19050

Delhi
    or apply 12V with lowest possible rating fuse? I'd want to limit the current to 5mA but can we find such a fuse? or maybe make one with single stand of 50 AWG aluminium wire?

I have not gone thru all 15 pages.. but has someone compared ecu part number for indian punto ( esp 90hp) and linea mjd? more than part number, i'd suggest actually comparing the stuff written on the ecu stickers.
  2. Fayad

Fayad Amatore

Tvm
    my ecu is also made in india.

WP_20131013_006.jpg
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  3. Is it possible to get pin details of body and main ecu in punto?
  4. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Mine is a 90 HP and the ECU read Linea

IMG_20131112_124834.jpg
  5. GP 75 and GP 90 have different ECU's?
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  6. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    From the pictures it seems that my ECU is the same for linea but "indian" one. Will post the pins evening.

Compare it with saugat's linea mjd ECU I can only find that his is BS3 and mine BS4 apart from the difference in numbers
    54102d1383194084-project-linea-t-jet-sport-cruise-control-now-active-20131030_124659.jpg
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Sat, yes. 90HP one shares Linea's ECU.

I have posted pics in the cruise control thread by Patchyboy already.
  8. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Downloaded elearn for punto and was going through that for finding out something about cruise control. Read that the cruise control signal goes from the steering column switch from pin 8 to the body computer. A snap shot of it is below:

steering column switch.PNG

Then searched for the body control unit to see where pin 8 is connected with the body computer and found out this:

There are 2 connectors in the body computer node, one is M01D-60 pin connector and the other M01H-20 pin connector both are placed in the dashboard. So was going through the pin out of M01D where i found out this:

bcm pin out for CC.PNG

Then went into the connectors to confirm the above and found this:

steering column switch to body computer connection.PNG

As per the above what i can understand is that the pin 8 is connected with a LZ color cable and the destination is to the body computer pin 41.

Still reading further thought that i will post this as this can be of some use to our group searching to decode the CC in MJD's
    3 people like this.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks for the effort. These details are already posted in this very thread here. If anyone is really serious, I would suggest trying out the connections in their car and post here :D

Rajan
  10. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Ooops!!!. As per the description in the linked thread, we should connect a wire from pin 34 to pin 41 with a resistor with respect to the operation we intend to do. For example, to set the cruise control to on, we should connect a resistor of 2480 ohm. Is that correct? sorry i am a chemical engineer so this question. Also which gauge wire to use? Doing this will still fry the ECU?:???:
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013