1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Cruise Control for Fiat Punto

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Prasanna Godugu, Sep 21, 2011.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    My Punto's ECU says Made in Hungary. Tried clicking a pic, but wasnt clear enough due to low light. Will click one tomorrow morn and post it here.
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

There you go! Potential candidate for CC in Punto. :)

Rajan's T-Jet's ECU also is Made in Hungary.
  3. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    Oh is it shams
    No worries we will meet on 1st sep
    I am coming to bangalore for a wedding
    1 person likes this.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    thats nice. we can have a mini meet somewhere on 1st sept :)
    1 person likes this.
  5. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    As per FES/MES website, for a Grande Punto, the default ELM327 device should work for reading the Engine info without the Yellow cable/adapter 3 configuration. As shown below, to read the Marelli 6F3 ECU, an ELM (unmodified) configuration should be enough.
    Marelli 6F3 EOBD Diesel Injection|INFO|DTC|DTC EX|PRM|ACT|ADJ|ELM OBDKey.

For other modules like body computer, ELM19 configuration (adapter 3) is required Body Computer Delphi (2)|INFO|DTC|DTC EX|PRM|ACT|ADJ|ELM C19 OBDKey C19

When I tried with the default configuration and chose Grande Punto 1.3 as the model, I was prompted to check the connection. Based on the yellow cable confusion, I reworked the ELM device's connections to suit ELM19 configuration (solder pins 1&9 instead of 6&14), but still it failed to connect the ECM or the Body computer.

With the default ELM configuration, when I chose Linea as the model, I got connected and was able to work with the Actuators and also able to read parameters.
    Later, I tried experimenting with other models of Punto listed in FES and I was able to connect and work with Fiat Punto Intern. 1.3 JTD/Multijet. However, when I connected to other modules (ACC, Dashboard, Body, Service) I was informed that it's not possible to access these in FREE version.

So, Are we driving a Grande Punto or Punto International model? Don't remember if I saw Grande Punto in my purchase invoice. Also, hardly I could see Fiat India referring Punto as Grande Punto.

BTW, the cruise control light failed to come up even with Punto Intern. model.

Attached a quick comparison of the ELM vs ELM19 pin configuration along with the summary of modules present.

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  6. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    What we have in India is the Grande Punto, however, Fiat India dropped the 'Grande' name for reasons best known to them. May be there was no Punto here before to call the current one Grande. In Europe since 2009, they have Punto Evo, which is yet to come here.
    To quote from Wikipedia:
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Wrt this post.

Just some info from what i saw when i I removed all the connector's and opened up the fuse box a few days ago. The body computer is basically piggy backed onto the Fuse box. Some images of the body computer can be seen here.

This is some randon Pic from the Internet for reference. The actual BCM on my PUnto is Magneti Marelli make.
    BC1.jpg

The above image is the actual body computer which is attached to the FUSE box using the Vertical socket (FUSE box not seen in image).

Of the 3 horizontal connectors, the Center one is the OBD II Port and the remaining 2 im not sure yet. But, none of the sockets on the Body Computer are 60 PIN. And the wiring from the Steering seems to be going directly towards the ECU in the engine bay rather than the body computer.

The 3 connectors are marked. The center one i the OBD.
    IMAG0487.jpg
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
    2 people like this.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Does this mean that the Puntos we have are radically different from what is available in the EU? Would it also mean that wiring directly to the ECU might just enable the CC functionality in our Puntos, like what I did with the Jet?

Anyone wants to connect Pin 20 of the ECU to a+12 V supply and check ;)

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  9. I read some where in definitive forum that our punto and Linea MJD's are based on Brazilian model.
    I see many parts as made in brazil in my car.
  10. Fayad

Fayad Amatore

Tvm
    If there is someone who has been promised a ECU replacement by Fiat for some other issues, they can experiment with this??

Will the ECU tuning/mapping guys be able to offer any help?
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013