1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Cruise Control for Fiat Punto

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Prasanna Godugu, Sep 21, 2011.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Sham, Just click a pic of ur ECU and post here.
    1 person likes this.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Nice meeting you too buddy. Please drop the "guru" and "Mr" bit. I did not invent this feature. I just found a way to get it to work in my car :D

Absolutely. Anyone interested in getting this feature, please post up a picture of the ECU as seen above, posted by Driv3r. That should help.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  3. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Thats really sad to know. I was hoping a lot that the CC can be activated in our rides. This would have been my first DIY (ofcourse with a lot of guidance) and I'm afraid now, that its not gonna take off at all. However, while doing my own research on the CC part, I came across few options for installing aftermarket cruise control. Though it looks expensive, it definitely looks just another way to have CC on our cars. Depends on how desperately one needs it though. Said that, I am not sure, if that would work aswell on our cars. My search still continues for ways to spice up my ride.

Thankyou Mr.Rajan for your efforts and time to help us less fortunate owners.
    1 person likes this.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

My pleasure Kiran. Having driven in excess of 600,000 kms in my life (of course did not clock that kind of number, without highway drives) and also having used CC extensively in multiple continents, I know how much it adds to the highway driving experience. Honestly, I missed it sorely in my Palio (clocked 48K kms in the first 16 months). When I bought the Jet, I decided to compromise, for two reasons. Firstly, the positives of the Jet far outweighed the lack of CC and secondly, CC equipped cars were few and far between in India. If there was a highway where I refused to use the CC, that was the Autobahn.

Having said that, though today's research session was not fruitful, it helped understand where not to look. So the quest is still on, but need to start thinking out of the box. Wish I owned a GP as well. Trust me, by now I would have had a working CC on that too :D

6 people like this.
  5. linealover

linealover Regolare

Its great honor to be your guest, Rajan sir,

i am very much interested not in the cruise control but as a creative person to meet you.

i am totally felt at home at once entered your home,it is an understatement that i melted in your's and mam's hospitality.

ofcourse bobby and ruby as well.

it is apt to compare yourself as Andy like character in "shawshank redemption" and ramjn being "RED".

more he talk about your attempts,i am more inclined to meet you and i am glad that happened very next day of ramjn's attempt.

pardon me of my non-stop talking,since i have just signed off from ship,it is like coming from another planet,not seen plants,trees,animals,birds,internet et all...... for 6 months.

i felt a sense of rapport immediately i shook hands with you Rajan sir,its so warmth and lively,throbbing a lots of love energy same as like linea's steering.

oh i am sorry!

driv3r and raj29,its wonderful to meet you fiat buddies.raj your red punto is so awesome.

hmm Driv3r, Ramesh must have mentioned you countless number of times about you specially about your GC lowering incident and i am happy we met together.
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
    5 people like this.
  6. shams

shams Esperto

^^ sundhu, having met you few times last year, i would have tried to make it there to meet you for the fun of it if not for anything else :) but you kept your visit as a surprise till the last moment ;)
    2 people like this.
  7. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Thank you Sundhukumar for the wonderful comments.
    I could see and feel the excitement you had when you met Rajan :) and most of us feel the same too.

Now let me stop here before Rajan fires me :evilsmile

It was great meeting Sundhukumar (aka linealover), Sai (aka DRIV3R), Hemanth (aka puntom).

It turned out to be one of those mini TFI Bangalore CC meet !!
    We had a similar mini TFI CC meet last week when Ramesh, Soumenpaul and me met at Rajans place to checkout CC work on Ramesh's car.

Rajan, i think its now high time you put up some sign bords to your place and also name your place as "The FIAT CC Adda" :-D

Some snaps

DRIV3R, linealover & Patchyboy

Snaps from previous week

5 people like this.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Please do not put me on a pedestal guys. I am just another average joe. Some of you like to spend most weekends at an outlet getting your car detailed. Some of you like to spend most weekends driving your car on the highways. I like to spend most weekends, working on my car, trying to add features to my car, that I believe should have been there in the first place. The one thing that unites all of us is our car :D

I am just like the rest of, crazy about my car. I just like to get my hands dirty, doing it myself. Thats all.

Thanks for the kind words and pictures, everyone. It was indeed a pleasure meeting with all of you.

PS: I would call my place "The FIAT CC Adda", only when we do at least one more successful install.
    8 people like this.
  9. greatmana2000

greatmana2000 Novizio

That is one big lot of Fiat cars .. More than the showroom or may be even at the factory :)
  10. Puntom

Puntom Amatore

It was nothing more than an "electronics failure" weekend for me. :(

• Friday evening...My huge Samsung Galaxy which was supposed to be smart started acting weird. Any amount of browsing or DIY didn't help.
    • Saturday morning I had to give it to the service centre and switch over to Nokia 1202
    • Saturday afternoon I glanced at the PM from Patchyboy and thought I'll respond in the evening
    • Saturday evening, My modem wasn't working and no internet for the rest of the day...Life without facebook is actually good!
    • Sunday Morning, I got up at 9 and got ready by 10. Saw the PM once again in my wife's smart phone and noted the co ordinates.
      Left home and at a mandatory signal keyed in the co-ordinates into my GPS...There you go, the MMI had its card corrupted and I was left nowhere.
    With no connectivity on the basic phone and no contacts either...I was headed no where.
    I thought I'll try my luck with whatever I remember of the PM I had seen on Saturday.
    In 90 minutes I reached Garden city college which was 30kms from home. then what...I was so close yet so far!
    I called up my sister (the phone number I remembered first). I gave her the co ordinates but she told me that I was already there!!!
    I was not ready to go back after such a long and horrible city drive without anything.
    I asked her to login to my TFI account and follow the link that Patchyboy had sent me.
    I was ready to go. In 5 minutes at around 12:15PM, I reached the "TFI adda"

I was welcomed by the view of 2 white beauties...Patchyboy's Linea and his Labrador "Bobby"

He was cleaning his car with such care that it was evident in the first sight his craze towards his ride
    He introduced me to his better half who gave me a glass of water...I needed that after that drive
    She told him to stop after cleaning the glasses and not go in for more intricate parts...Same story everywhere I guess :)

He called up Raj29 and he was there by 1PM. We were ready to start. My car moved into the slot.
    Tried various options to talk to the computers and nothing much was positive.
    In the end, we did succeed to connect but the aim for the day-The CC. Negative.
    Since it was much along the line of what I had expected, I wasn't disappointed too much
    Raj29 called up DRIV3R and he told that he'll be there by 3-4pm

then, Raj29's 90HP replaced my car in the portico for diagnosis. Although many things responded, the CC thing was inconclusive.
    By 3PM I had to got enough calls asking me to return home.
    I bid goodbye to patchyboy (the most sought after boy on TFI today) and Raj29.
    No photos, because...you know why.

Thanks Patchyboy and Raj29 for the time...time well spent though not entirely successful.
    1 person likes this.