1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Cruise Control for Fiat Punto

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Prasanna Godugu, Sep 21, 2011.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Guys,

What time do you all have in mind? Haven't received any response for my PM from anyone.

Rajan
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Rajan, better you decide the time since it's your place.

My personal preference would be sometime in the first half. :)
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I am fine with that. I wanted you guys to decide on the time, since it is you guys that have to drive down across town to get to my place :D. I would also prefer the first half.
    So, lets say 11:00 AM? Does that suit everyone?

Rajan
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Sounds good. Let's wait for Raj and Hemanth to respond.
  5. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Am ok with any time tomorrow.

Rajan, since Punto requires a Yellow cable OBD to read some features, will we be able to get good data about Punto ECU using the current OBD we have?
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    We can connect as "Linea 1.3" and collect data. Since we have no plans of any parameter changes or installation, we should be able to make some headway into the research this way.

Push comes to shove, we can hack my OBD2 connector to emulate the yellow cable :D

Rajan
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
    3 people like this.
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Guys, I have something else to be taken care of, so not sure if I can make it today. I will make it if I complete those errands on time.

Best of luck!
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    OK people - here is the update:

Raj29(GP 1.3 90HP), Puntom(GP 1.2),Driv3r(GP 1.3 75HP) and LineaLover(Linea 1.3 MJD) were here. We checked the possibility in all these variants.

For the GP -

• 1.2 - Not possible
    • 1.3 (Both 75 HP and 90 HP) - inconclusive. We will need to connect pin 8 of the steering column connector to pin 41 of the BCM, enable CC using FES software and check.

For the Linea

• We had earlier tried with a May 2011 MJD without success
    • The hope was Italia-Linea's confirmation that he got "Cruise Control On" message in the MID, in his Nov 2010 Linea
    • So we tried in LineaLover's June 2010 1.3 MJD
    • Sadly, no success

My recommendation - Looks like Viny was right. CC seems to be available only in the T-Jet. How it worked in Italia-Linea's car is still a mystery. Sorry to break the bad news, but looks like the code for the Indian ECU seems to be different. Unless your ECU is not marked "For India", I have less than 5% hopes that this can be done, unless someone finds a hack.

Rajan
    7 people like this.
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Had a chance to meet the learned CC guru, Mr Rajan today. It was good meeting you, sir. Also met raj29 and linealover. It was great meeting all you guys. :)

Here are few pics clicked. Rajan knew what he was doing. I was just watching his work. Myself and raj29 left by around 6 45 or so as we had something to be taken care of while linealover was still at Rajan's place. Hemanth (puntom) had left before I was there.

My 2012 75HP ECU
    20130825_153739.jpg
    Raj29's 2012 90HP ECU
    20130825_160522.jpg
    linealover's 2010 Linea ECU
    20130825_174855.jpg
    Rajan working on linealover's car
    20130825_180228.jpg
    20130825_180235.jpg
    raj29 is feeling sleepy while linealover watches
    20130825_181248.jpg
    raj29's car, my 75HP and Rajan's Jet in the BG
    20130825_181241.jpg
    raj29 would post some more pics.
    5 people like this.
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    how about a 2009 model.
    The reason why i'm asking is there were a lot of foreign parts in the 09 model and chances are something might click.
    Rajan sir what do you think.
    I will come on one of these weekends to see if something can be done.