1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Cruise Control for Fiat Punto

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Prasanna Godugu, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Puntom

Puntom Amatore

Bengaluru
    Patchyboy,
    please send us the co ordinates via PM and a time when you are free.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Am free all day Sunday. Please discuss and publish a final list of attendees, so I can send a PM to all in one go :D

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  3. Puntom

Puntom Amatore

Bengaluru
    Let me start the list:
    People interested, please copy and paste and then add your name at the end.

1. Puntom 2010 1.2 Emotion
    2. Raj29 2011 1.3 90HP Emotion Pack
    3. DRIV3R 2012 1.3 90HP Emotion Pack
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Mine is also a 2011 90HP, Hemanth.

In case we don't get a 75HP on the list, I can get the 2012 1.3 75HP instead.
  5. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Great!! Eagerly waiting for the results..
  6. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Change : Mine is a 2012 90 HP :)

1. Puntom 2010 1.2 Emotion
    2. Raj29 2012 1.3 90HP Emotion Pack
    3. DRIV3R 2011 1.3 90HP Emotion Pack or 2012 1.3 75HP
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Good going guys, this sunday its going to be an interesting affair :) Look forward to detailed report on sunday's meet :)

Also while you are experimenting and checking ecu's can you also look into for details for Hill Assit mode enabling in ECU and does it reads value for longitudinal (spl) sensors.
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  8. bbllaazzee

bbllaazzee Amatore

Bangalore
    Sorry for the OT, but couldn't resist.

If it is a sudden brake I agree and it is inevitable. Otherwise with CC you can control the speed and slow-down to as much as 30/40 kmph, when you see some traffic is building up. I have been using CC extensively to control speed even in city traffic, where the constant speed is around 40-45 mph (in US), US city traffic is as good as our highway traffic. With Linea's 4th or 5th gear ratio, one can easily build speed from 40-100 or 40-140 respectively. One just needs to enjoy using the CC, it help is reducing joint pains and ankle pain of the right foot. Also braking every 10-15 km is good, so that it keeps one alert as well.
    3 people like this.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    @bbllaazzee - Why don't you join us this Sunday? Did not hear from you after our initial attempt on your car.

Rajan
  10. The view I posted is entirely my personal opinion from the experience I have gathered from a few highway drives(pun intended)..
    I can drive at 80kmph constantly without any fluctuations for whole day long, but other than the awesome mileage figures I get I find the journey monotonous, risky, and boooring..when you drive at constant speed for more than 2 hrs not even using the clutch and accelerator, I shudder to think what if I might doze off to sleep(which is very much a possibility)
    Opinions vary, as well as choices..it is the choices we make makes us who we are, for better or worse...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta