1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Cruise Control for Fiat Punto

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Prasanna Godugu, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Prasanna Godugu

Prasanna Godugu Novizio

Hyderabad
    Hi All,

I owns a Fiat Punto MDJ EmotionPack, i go on long drives regularly and desperately looking for Cruise Control, i see a Icon in the dashboard but it is disabled, i searched on net and found some information Grande Punto club,This is in Italian language please use Google translator to translator into English,other 2 urls are in English, As this is not approved accessory or procedure i am not sure it works , i want to know the feedback of your people about this ,thanks.

Mods : Please remove any information in this post if you feel it causes issues

http://www.grandepuntoclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=33450

http://www.fiatforum.com/stilo-guides/55049-cruise-control-installation.html

There is another link where it is show how to DIY for fiat-bravo
    <cite>www.davole.com/wp.../fiat-bravo-198-tjet-cruise-control-aftermarket.pdf

Note: Above given information will not guarantee that it works properly it is searched in the internet and published as is , Fixing after market and Non approved accessories will tamper the warranty and cause damage to car,
    </cite><cite>one can use this information at their own interest and can't claim the author for any damage or malfunction of the car.</cite>

Cruise-Control.jpg
  2. Prasanna Godugu

Prasanna Godugu Novizio

Hyderabad
    I found the FIAT INDICATOR , WIPER , CRUISE , LIGHT STALK SWITCH PACK, this is the full set includes the cruise control stalk, below is the url for some more information.

FIAT GRANDE PUNTO ABARTH EVO INDICATOR WIPER CRUISE SWITCH PACK STALK

FIAT GRANDE PUNTO ABARTH EVO INDICATOR WIPER CRUISE SWITCH PACK STALK - Fiat Alfa Dealer Parts

STEERING COLUMN SWITCHES and part details

ERA EC

- - - Merged Post - - -

Here are the image of steering column switches and part details PDF (just in case they remove the page from the site)

SDC14143(Fiat Punto Cruise Control Arm)).jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
    13 people like this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Prasanna,

Thanks for this thread buddy. Your post was the inspiration for me to even think in these lines. As posted in my thread, I was and am waiting on those elusive MQS connectors to be delivered so I can complete the install and do a road test, post which I was going to post here.

I also saw the stalk you have posted, but did not buy that for 2 reasons - firstly it is Punto specific, as it has rear wiper as well and secondly, it costs around 300 Euro. I was unwilling to bet that kind of money on an experimental project. When I started, I did not even have a clue if the Indian Version of the T-Jet even had the relevant code in the ECU.

Thanks again,

Rajan
    5 people like this.
  5. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Prassana,

If you are trying it on your punto do let post a complete write up of the same after it has been completed.
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  6. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Amazing. Now we can have cruise controls in our Puntos too :)
    1 person likes this.
  7. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Guys, what Prasanna posted was almost 2 years old. When I met him last week at my residence, I did inform him about Mr. Rajan's quest to install CC on his Linea T-jet and Prasanna was delighted with the news. He is awaiting the results as every other member on this forum. Once Mr. Rajan pens down all the details about the installation procedure, he might give it a try aswell.
    2 people like this.
  8. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    We are waiting desperately for the results.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Guys,

Before we all get carried away, wiring and activation of CC on the Punto is very different from the Linea. The success of my experiment does not automatically guarantee that it can be done on the GP (Indian Version) as well. We can always try and I will extend all support from my end for the experiment.

Let us not forget this - The GP has far more advanced electronics as compared to any other FIAT - Linea, Punto MK2 or even Bravo/Brava.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  10. Prasanna Godugu

Prasanna Godugu Novizio

Hyderabad
    Thanks Every one,

I didn't started anything but searching for information on net, i am not much active since a year, i was excited when kiran told about this and waiting for Mr.Rajan to complete his project and full details, Thanks Mr. Rajan to putting the idea to practical.

Prasanna
    1 person likes this.