1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Crowdfunding TFI?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Improvements' started by amogh, Dec 20, 2013.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    humble request to not cap capital inflows..

Yes Amogh, but extra cashflow may be there, which could be deemed as profit strictly from the accounting aspect only. I agree though that the goal is not profit making, but (hypothetically) say it does then the same can be used for the future betterment of the website and it's members directly or indirectly. Why limit incoming..(money) :grin:. The least we can do as members, is trust others at this point.

Might I request you to not cap inflows atleast for the first phase or event of collections with minimum collection goal and minimum contribution amount and/or multiple amounts thereof. There should be mutual trust that contributors don't lack :razz: and inexchange there can be visible changes with time is the most that people should expect out of all this, rather than digging in too much into it.:evilsmile

You mentioned of entity formation hassles (company or non-profit etc.). Having a sister site just for online retail transactions of merchandise would ensure that this domain would never be affected by taxation or other future high-handed GOI laws and policies.
    TFI being the main domain can or cannot be used for linking ads and offers.
    In worst case scenario only the sister site/s can be shut down if needed (but let's hope for the best anyway!)

As I said previously, since the website management will stay closed loop in nature, financial contributors (members) will or should do their bit of pooling and leave the money management to promoters unconditionally !
  2. sakartechin

sakartechin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Great intiative amogh ... You can count me in.

I know there are great minds in this forum we can put hand together come up with some great ideas. Also with TFI Sticker and keychains we can try generate some funds.

Once crowdfunding is done We need to look into google ads to fetch regular income for TFI.
  3. bbllaazzee

bbllaazzee Amatore

Bangalore
    Count me in...good initiative, have been speculating within myself on why TFI cannot start its own FIAT SSS (Sales, spares, service) with crowd funding, we have excellent members who all love their car(s). I might be thinking too big, but may be a future sister concern ;) Obviously this will need some collaboration with FIAT.

We all have shared some much knowledge, why not give it to general public more from a social aspect (both as a service and of-course with minimal profit to run the show).

Hope this is a beginning for making TFI even more better. I am generally worried about handling others money as there will be lot of questions(experience from my layout association), so a suggestion to mods is to keep it as transparent as possible so we avoid various arguments as posted by @among in post #48.
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Its a great idea and I had been following this thread closely but not making any comments till now.
    It is good to see members Lunafiatic, Rajan and many others making valuable suggestions and counter points.
    Replies from Amogh was certainly reassuring. I am confident that the moderators can work out a solid plan to take this initiative forward as they had done so far with TFI. Count me in for contributing my two pennies worth.
    4 people like this.
  5. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    After the discussions in and responses to this thread : here is how we move ahead.

Please open this TFI CROWDFUNDING AND SUPPORT DATABASE

The form is self explanatory and will ask you for relevant details. If you are opting to contribute financially we will get back to you with the necessary bank transfer details.

Well! That's about it! Let's set the wheel rolling

TFI Moderators Team
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I would still like to know an approximate target amount TFI is expecting,which will give a rough Idea to begin with.

Last I donated was $40 to Wikipedia and Rs500 to Greanpeace.

Hope you don't get me wrong Mods.

Regards.
    2 people like this.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I second your opinion Jayadev, but I also see this form filling as a step towards gathering more data from members to get a better idea of things that can be planned. Hope the Mods throw more light on this.

Jayadev, if it becomes too difficult to get an answer, contribute whatever you can. My experience is it can be very difficult to get a fair idea of how much individuals want to pledge for contribution. It would surely help to know expected average contribution amount per individual that could be deemed "good enough" a contribution, if not very good.
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. amogh

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys,

Just a quick guideline about the form. (My bad I did not realise it earlier and clarify)

For financial contribution : we are basically asking you two things:

1. How much do you want to contribute in total?
    2. How would you like to spread the payout?

For e.g: (illustrative purposes only)

I decide to contribute Rs.6000/- to TFI.

• If I want to pay this amount in monthly installments I will check "Monthly" and type 500 (6000/12) in the "Monthly" text box
    • If I want to pay this amount in 4 installments (quarterly) I will check "Quarterly" and type 1500 (6000/4) in the "Quarterly text box
    • If I want to pay this amount in 2 installments (half yearly) I will check "Half Yearly" and type 3000 (6000/2) in the "Half Yearly" text box
    • If I want to pay this amount at once in a year I will check "One time lumpsum" and type "6000" in the "One time lumpsum" box

We will start sending out the payment details in the first week of January.

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks,

Amogh
    2 people like this.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Is there any backend change or update in the refreshed link. In this case do we need to re-submit the forms if one has already been submitted with confirmation email recieved already..:confused:
  10. amogh

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No you need not. The form has not been changed
    1 person likes this.