1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Crowdfunding TFI?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Improvements' started by amogh, Dec 20, 2013.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I am in too...
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    I was already in from the very beginning :).
    1 person likes this.
  3. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    I am in too.
  4. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Very good thought Amogh,Count me in too.
  5. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Wow! Lot of responses (expected?)

First things first : If, in case, anybody is worrying "Will TFI survive?" then please stop worrying. This is not about survival. This is more about "growth."

Secondly : this will be completely voluntary. This is not compulsory nor are we going towards a "paid membership" model.

The reason why this is now gathering steam is because we think we have reached a level of stagnancy. We have to raise the bar and we genuinely believe that the visitors (members and guests) deserve a better experience. We have been on the same skin, same UI, same layout for more than two years now. Also some improvements on the mobile side are needed.

Yeah : pretty much "of the members, for the members, by the members" forum.

Can be either of the two or both based on member's convenience.

As said above : flexibility is yours. We won't be enforcing anything on anybody.

There is no "target" as such (in terms of value or time). We, under any circumstances, DO NOT want to pressurize any members to contribute "x" amount in "y" time. As said above, this is voluntary and completely depends on you. This is something that we were planning for some time (and to be honest a number of members had requested for this). How much and when you want to contribute is completely YOUR call.

To keep it ad free or not is one idea we have been debating about. The best way forward is to keep the forum completely ad free for the members. Ads can be enabled only for the guest visitors. That keeps everybody happy. Completely agree with your stand on banner ads without sounds and pop-ups.

The intention is not to make a profit. The intention is to improve the forum experience.

The "clean and clutter free" has to be taken a couple of notches higher to a new level

Good idea Suman! However that can be handled separately. Let's not mix two things here.

You decide the amount as per your wish. There is no "minimum" or "maximum".

This many have asked me. We have a good relation with FIAT and they recognize and understand our importance. However FIAT getting involved with TFI financially is a big NO-NO. That would be completely defeat the purpose of this forum. In fact FIAT had suggested this to me very early on that members should contribute to the forum. Apparently that is how FIAT groups in Italy & UK function.

Yes! ads that are not obtrusive and only for the guests. If we go the ad way : members will not see the ads.

A very legitimate and sensible question. Thanks for bringing this out. I am not disclosing the minute details of what we plan to do but giving you a general overview.

1. Improving the design of the forum. Making it more relevant & updated. Will require work ground up.
    2. Making the forum mobile ready
    3. Invest in and Streamline merchandise (stickers, T-shirts etc). These things make sense only if they are got made in volumes / bulk.
    4. Going by the rate at which we are growing (in size and traffic) we will have to shift to better and faster servers. So preparing ourselves for that.

We do have a detailed plan for all of the above. Do note: If things work out as per plan we might be even in a position to give back something to the members.

Amogh
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
    12 people like this.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Amogh,
    Well said. A bow of respect to all mods who till date managed the show effectively, silently and made the forum a huge success as we see it.

It is a known fact that TFIians are ready to shell out from pockets but before we do we need to have a concrete plan of action instead of being blindly loyal. To start with why shouldnt TFI think of start selling TFI merchandise - stickers, T-shirts and all those stuff which every TFI member wishes to strut and display. This will become a good means of earning income or in a way contribution from TFIians voluntarily.

Going forward lot many ideas will come to make TFI status quo i.e ad free but also be financially viable.
    1 person likes this.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Thank you Amogh for the clarification.

Can you please let us know the mode of payment and when we will be starting this activity. For me it more convenient to pay montly instead of lumpsum amount.

If someone is paying monthly then is there any limit that one can set up a recurring transfer.

Streamlining Mechandise and stickers will be a good idea and I am ready to be volunteer for this activity. :up

Cheers,
    Kedar Bendre
  8. amogh

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    As mentioned in my earlier post : getting merchandise done makes sense only if you place orders in volumes. And to place order in volumes you do require capital at hand. Once the ball is set rolling then things take care of themselves.
    2 people like this.
  9. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Amogh, I don't remember this was suggested/discussed earlier here or not. But why can't we approach FIAT and make FIAT accessories available on TFI?
    TFI is indirectly helping them over the years; Now its their turn to reciprocate the same to this forum.
  10. amogh

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    There are commercial issues in this since TFI is not a legal entity. However we are trying to get around on this. Can't disclose much at this point.