1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Crowdfunding TFI?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Improvements' started by amogh, Dec 20, 2013.

1. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    This thread : http://www.teamfiat.co.in/suggestio...s-whatsapp-facebook-long-term-threat-tfi.html has triggered a lot of discussions (both on and off the forum). However that thread has also highlighted an important aspect : of making the forum more easily accessible, attractive to visit and fun to interact with.

There was this discussion exactly a couple of years back : http://www.teamfiat.co.in/i-am-off-topic/3809-tfi-way-forward.html : and from the responses it is obvious that many are willing to help TFI to take it to greater heights.

On this background the idea of "crowdfunding" came to my mind. TFI is obviously not a commercial entity wherein we can generate cash ROI to those who support. However I do think TFI does give back a lot to us in other ways. So we cannot look at this from a traditional fund raising manner. But the concept remains the same : all of us coming together, pooling all our resources and achieve something bigger and better. However this is not an "equity issue" wherein somebody contributes $$$$$$$ and then claims to own xx% of TFI. This is purely voluntary funding.

Of course : implementing and doing this will require a lot of careful deliberation and decision making. But if everybody is in sync I see no reason why we can't do it. In fact, if intentions are good and objectives are well defined we can achieve far better things.

Would be keen to hear everybody's thoughts on this.

2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    This is very good idea to do 'Crowdfunding' from the real enthusiasts than getting sponsorships commercially. I would always be ready to contribute for the wellness of the forum.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Me too,i am ready.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    TFI , Crafted for true Fan.
    I'm ready.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Excellent idea. Count me in :D

1 person likes this.
  6. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thank you amogh. I was always feeling guilty that i was not able to give as much as i gain from this forum. Now, you have shown me the way. I would be more than happy to be in.
    1 person likes this.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Thats a good idea Amogh. I am ready.

It will be monthly contribution or one time?

Sent from my FIAT Grande Punto 90hp
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com

ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com Amatore

Vadodara , Nashik
    Vadodara , Nashik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am in Amogh .. If its a monthly contribution it will be more easy for me to contribute ...
  9. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

2 people like this.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    It just occurred to me that being Ad free is one of the things that makes TFI stand out with a pleasureable experience more than similar xyz of websites.
    But of course, this triggered the question as to who spends this out of pocket and would it be right and sustainable financially in the long run. Such a topic did come up for a moment at the recent One Quick Shahapur Meet by us few TFIans.

IMHO, an effort to make this profit based yet well controlled by a dedicated group, rather than everyone having a say surely would be in best interest. There is nothing wrong if at all extra money comes out of pooling or pitching in as well. If Banner Ads without sound can contribute financially it would be great, except popups ads can be a real pain and a big turnoff.

As Amogh mentions equity type propositions and having a say in financial or other functionary aspects of this forum must be kept in control of the promoter/s and or certain selective capable members.
    2 people like this.