1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Crossed 1500 Kms on my TJet

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by pvsuryap, Dec 21, 2010.

1. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Ground clearance differs by 5mm..... T-Jet+ has 170 mm and T-Jet has 165...
  2. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    I am also at the 1500 kms mark. By next Monday it will be 2500 kms.
    I have not pushed it hard. Just 80-90. After first service not going anywhere either... so will have to wait for some time to push.

also in the t-jet there is no redline. does it mean it can go the distance ???
  3. pvsuryap

pvsuryap Amatore

Hyderabad
    @manasmadaan - I will think about upgrading the LB's only (Not sure if I can get the same color. Just so I match the HB and the Fog lamp colour). I will probably get this during my first service.

@Pran - I will keep that in mind. (I never realized that I was doing 185. I was disengaged on the highway - Probably not a good thing to do)
    I think the mud flaps are bad. Wish Fiat reads this. (WE NEED BETTER MUDFLAPS)

@sid_10000 @Ravi - I think the issue is also with the soft suspension. It seems that the car is too good for drift but not too good on Indian roads. Will see if stiffening the suspension would help.

@Rajen - Wow !! you must be having pretty good roads in Bangalore.

@tjetdriver - I am assuming it can top 200 since there is no redline. Won't know until we try it out. I cannot seem to find a streach that can handle the the speed in Hyd.

BTW, when is the first service due? Is it at 2500 Kms?
  4. You have T-Jet so short by 5 MM than T-Jet+ and that may be the cause of concern. I was at Pune for around 12-14 days and drove around City Pride, Swargate, Lakshmi road etc and did not have issue. So may be 5 MM short is the culprit here
  5. pvsuryap

pvsuryap Amatore

Hyderabad
    I have a T Jet + and still have an issue with Ground Clearence. On a really bumpy road (quite common in Hyd) you will not find it that impressive).
    Another 1.5 inches would have made a difference.
  6. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Lemme highlight this on 1st servicing.....

1st one is at 5K KMs or 6 months whatever is early...
  7. pvsuryap

pvsuryap Amatore

Hyderabad
    Thank you Sid. This helps.
  8. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Tjet Plus is 170 mm gc. But while travelling Trichy - ramanathapuram 4 on board and I scratched thrice :hit and my waxing went of two sides (SMALL PART).But on the same way with same speed brake a little slower i.e full stop and climb didnt scratch.Bcoz my old santro hasnt scratched so same mentality next all speed brakes always brake and proceed.THink the shocks are soft .After the front tyre goes out .If its slight fast it presses down else doesnt.

Guys have any one experienced sound from front driver side door crosing 100km . not disturbing much but yes .
  9. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore
    Vijay

I travelled from Bangalore to Thekkday and took Pollachi-Munnar-Thekkday route and drove in and around Thekkay. I also scratched thrice but that is due to the huge pot holes everywhere on two of Hill Roads I took to reach a tourist spot. Decided to return halfway on both spots . Had 5 adults and 1 child on board. Otherwise there is no other problem in clearing any speed breakers on the way.
  10. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    The dealer here told me it was 3000 kms or 3 months whichever was earlier....
    can anyone confirm ?