1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Crossed 1500 Kms on my TJet

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by pvsuryap, Dec 21, 2010.

1. pvsuryap

pvsuryap Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hi ya'll...

I crossed 1500kms on my Tjet last week. Thoought I'd report the expereince.

Nothing different from what you've heard .. here's my version.

Handling - Super
    Mileage - Pathetic (Managed to get 9 finally. Hoping it would increase after the first service)
    Top speed - 185 kmph. No issues while doing this. I had three people in the car when I touched 185. Effortless and superb.
    Music system - Sounds allright but can be much better.
    Ground clearence - No so good. Maybe hitting the mudflaps or maybe the actuall bottom. Whatever it is, it irritates the hell out of me.
    Braking - best in class.
    A/C - Super
    After sales Service - (Tejaswi/Fiat combination does not seem to be so good not bad either... I ordered for SIL plates and spoiler 11 days back. its still not here)
    Heard a lot about lighting and here's my version - I have a problem with the low beam. HB and Fog lights work just fine. I will get this checked.
  2. conrtaulations. t jet s a wonderful car to drive. you ll ve many wonderful experiences with it.
    Regarding LB , it s an issue with all the lineas, i own an MJD Em Pk and ve the same issue with LB. its just not possible to drivr with it on thehighways,
    I am thinking abtupgrading to philips extreme H4. ve heard may positive reviews abt it
  3. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats Surya !
    My 2 points:
    Top speed - 185 kmph. - Not recommended during the initial days, let it breathe for sometime.
    Ground clearence - Should be the mud flap, Tjet+ has the max GC among the new gen Fiats.
  4. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Ground clearance is an issue.... a lil lower than required... With crappy potholes and irritating speedbreakers the car scrapes at the bottom....
    185 is lil too much mate for initial run in... wait for the car to go through 1st servicing to open the throttle up.

Mileage: I checked with Fiat, before the 1st servicing the mileage is 9-10 kmpl.... after the 1st serv, it should go up to 12.5 - 13.5 kmpl....
  5. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore
    Sid

I never faced the scraping problem yet. Drove on a few speed breakers and pot holes road.
  6. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    We have some really shitty ones here in Pune :D
  7. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore
    Sid

Did you check the tyre pressures.
  8. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Yes i did... its as per fiat's recommendation...
    Donno what else I can check ?
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The T-jet+ has more GC than T-Jet.
  10. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore
    Yes Ravi. Just noticed Sid has T Jet which is having 15" tyres.