1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Create mp3 CD's for fiat linea 1.3 diesel emotion

Discussion in 'Blue and Me' started by sivarmn, Feb 14, 2014.

1. sivarmn

sivarmn Timido

Chennai
    Hi,

Im trying to write mp3's for the player but whatever option i try, it results in cd error.

But the mp3 song cd's(more than 100 songs in one cd) which i bought from shop works perfectly.

I tried writing in CDFS format, same bit rate(128) but still the Blue and Me is not able to read the CD.

have anyone tried writing mp3's. what option and software did you use..? do let me know.

thanks in advance.
  2. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Blue and Me doesn't read CD's.
    All you have to write a data disc and finalize the session.
    Any disc should work.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Akshay, I have Punto Active. Only option is to burn CDs.

I burned a disc in Windows 8.1 using WMP, as a data disc and finalized too. But still it gives CD Error.

As the OP states, I am able to listen to mp3 CD bought from CD shop. So in the meantime I am listening to a CD with .wav format. It has only 18 songs that I am listening to since the past 1.5 month now. :) Please help. :D
  4. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sivarmn,

Try using only .wav files to burn the dics, I am sure only about 10-15 tracks and squeese in, B&Me plays only .mp3 files from USB only, I had tried with a .mp3 CD once and I got the Same Error.
  5. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No Anup. The CD player/HU of Fiat Grande Punto and Linea is capable of playing .mp3, from Active to Emotion variant. Just that there is variable results for many members. The CD burning software for one may not work for the other and vice versa.
  6. swgaan

swgaan Amatore

MH-46
    Panvel, Maharashtra
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Try burning CD's through Nero.. It works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. PuntoSingh

PuntoSingh Amatore

Faridabad
    NCR
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Let me try to help. Download a software from BurnAware (link) for your respective OS. Of course Freeware only :). Now after installation , it may require to restart your machine once. On menu select the option as 'MAKE ISO' after those choose "ISO 9660". Copy your respective songs or regular MP3 files into it , max size is approx 650 MB or 700 MB. Once burning is complete it will works on your OEM Ice of punto. It works for me. Let me know if this helps.
  8. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I tried to download the burnaware software but it wants me to first install a download manager that is ad supported. Declined.
  9. shankspatel

shankspatel Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I burned a mp3 cd today using the inbuilt burner in win8 as a normal data disk. The disk has more than 70 songs, i checked it in my car just now, it works fine.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    The write speed should be slow to avoid errors. 4x-8x speed esp. on older laptops or drives, since the laser can generate errors on disc and render it unreadable. And yes as mentioned earlier, finalize option if selected can guarantee a trouble free and faster read on drive. It was confirmed on the forum that re-writables work as well.

Volkswagen CD changers had more issues that would only be solved with firmware upgrades. One of my friends had a really tough time getting to read his CDs in his VW Polo. :|
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2014