1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Crazy FIAT driving habits

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by prabusp, Jun 29, 2012.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Udhaar Ki Zindagi!
    2 people like this.
  2. Tellmepleaze

Tellmepleaze Amatore

Cochin
    Take care gonugupta, take care. Be very careful in the first 2/3 months. Hitting, and scrapings happens in this times because one is yet donot have an idea of Linea's sizes, esp. the length. Be very careful while overtaking: Immediately after overtaking, you will have to ride quite few extra seconds in the right lane itself, so that the extra length of Linea to 'finish overtaking', or you may scrap your left Quarter panel, especially if upgrading from a hatchback to Linea.

This happened to me: I overtook a bus, as usual if I were in my Indica.... Heard a thud and scrapping sound, howsoever I managed to 'complete' overtaking, else it would have been a major accident. I had to patchwork at Concord. They did a very good job.

Overtake if only you have enough vacant road in front of you on the right side. And accelerate fast after 'completing' overtaking, till you reached leftside extreme.
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  3. fgp90hp

fgp90hp Timido

Mumbai
    Good One.. :)

"I Do the same whenever I am on Road.It is good feeling that someone owns the most reliable car."
    1 person likes this.
  4. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore
    These are my habits after owning Punto.

1) My driving has become comsiderably fast, because of confidence which FIAT gives (In city limits, I never cross 60 ).
    2) Whenever I see T-JET, a BIG :D smile comes on face, also thought comes to my mind to sell Punto for TJET :D
    3) Whenever Linea comes behind, I give them a way and always try to keep up with it, Just to see how far I can stretch my car :)
    4) Whenever I see Punto, I feel like "at last I got a best company and can enjoy drive with little duels between.
    5) Never allow any other car to pass easily (once old Verna tried for more than 40 kms and finally gave up on a single road, while I overtook him on the corner initially)
    6) I also look at the after market alloys on FIATS.

Finally,

1) Whenever I park my car outside, I watch it every 5-10 mins, just to see the beautyness of it :). Frequency is more if its under tree or some shades of light.
    3 people like this.
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    In city limits, I cross 60kmph whenever possible. That's the only way to get better mileage with 1.4.
    Whenever I see another FIAT, I quickly overtake to and show the "Follow me @ TFI" sticker on the boot. Little matters whether it is a palio, petra, linea or punto...That doesn't mean that I don't have respect for them. My only intention is to tell them that there is a FIAT forum in india, please join and have fun...

PS:Those who want to test road worthiness of different cars, do the test drive on Challaghatta--->Bellandur lake--> Outer ring road... You get all kinds of combinations there such as nice and bad and ghat-like curvey roads.
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
    2 people like this.
  6. bna

bna Novizio

Bangalore
    These my habits

1. In city limits i don't push much as i hardly get an open stretch.
    2. On highways i am always on the 3 digit. This car asks you to push it further.

If i spot a fiat i drive along with it for a while and just admire the beauty.
    And more when i spot a T-JET.
    2 people like this.
  7. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

That's is a weird habit.. but sounds interesting.. a convey.. might as well adapt the habit.
    oh.. i love to do that.. seldom see our self in the car.. When ever i see a punto.. the feeling i get..wow.. i think..that's how others feel when they see my car.. Lovely feeling and thought...
    Did it a couple of times.. but lately the number of Fiat cars have gone up.. or may be i only notice Fiat's
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. Thanks, will surely take care :) Infact I have also upgraded from Indica (Xeta 2006) :)
  9. i have a strange parking habit, not a driving one. whenever i park my punto, i always make sure that the nose of my TW stands out by a feet or so ahead of other cars, and after walking a distance, turn back and enjoy the way she looks. and, secretly, watches if anyone is ogling at her.

maybe there are others who do it as well.

sometimes, i try to dress up trying to match my tuscan wine, by wearing maroon tees. seems childish, yeah, but sometimes even my wife admires when i n my TW look like siblings.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I have a periodic variations in my driving style. For few months I used to drive very fast. Then after getting bored with that switch back to sedate driving. Now the later is going on. I feel like I am inside my home which is moving on road. Sedate driving in Punto is wonderful.
    2 people like this.