1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Crazy FIAT driving habits

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by prabusp, Jun 29, 2012.

1. thyagu2_2006

thyagu2_2006

Chennai
    Till now I was thinking this habit of accelerating at curves was due to my bad driving, though I enjoy the same. Now I can see many other Fiat'ians has this urge.
    2 people like this.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Accelerating at corners is some time help in getting control. Some people slowdown before corner and then accelerate at corners.
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    when i am at home. i simply find reasons to get hold of the Punto and enzoi the drive, But if the swift overtakes me, i simply press the gass and overtake from left and be in front of him, till my destination is nearby by then i let him pass by lowering my glass and giving him a big wave of hand to pass on.......
    Let them also understand that they are driving the car with a Fiat engine..
    2 people like this.
  4. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    This is the "Slow In, Fast Out" technique, in which, as the name suggests, the car is slowed down before reaching the corner in order to allow the car to settle, ready to accept the next input, and once the car is settled, the throttle is applied evenly to ensure the best exit out of the corner.

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

This is the "Slow In, Fast Out" technique, in which, as the name suggests, the car is slowed down before reaching the corner in order to allow the car to settle, ready to accept the next input, and once the car is settled, the throttle is applied evenly to ensure the best exit out of the corner.
    1 person likes this.
  5. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi
    First of all, Reading all the posts, makes me think we all are so so alike. I could see my habits in most of the posts above.

My list:

1) Follow another Fiat car on route and giving Thumbs up to the driver.

2) Showing all the over enthusiastic ducklings (dzire), pampered distant cousins (Manza and Indigo), and overrated japs, to their level. Specially when on curves, i never back down because i know My linea will always be stable.

3) Curves, Curves, and more Curves. I simply love curves, and love taking them fast .
    1 person likes this.
  6. Tellmepleaze

Tellmepleaze Amatore

Cochin
    Remember....
    Looking to window glasses while driving and overtaking from left is against law, own safety and others safety. :eek:
    We can overtake, but from RIGHT only.
    But looking own reflection is dangerous, to see a reflection, one has to turn head 90 degree !

A Fiatian should be a gentleman driver, unperturbed, always abiding laws.
    After all we have to be different, we are FIATIANS !:-|
    2 people like this.
  7. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    A side effect of driving my Linea is that I have developed a habit of braking late and rather I don't panic seeing the vehicle in front has suddenly stopped, since I feel confident that my car will obey me whenever I wish to stop. This is not good and I have paid for this bad habit !! Once I was driving my wife's swift and due to this habit I put the brake a little late and swift (ABS) did not stop and touched the truck damaging the bonnet !!!! Oho god, I took the car to MASC and insisted that the braking is bad. The SA took the car for a spin and showed me that everything is fine, I did not argue with him, how can I convince him that this is no way near to Linea...better be careful when driving other cars friends. And also be aware about the cars behind you, they will not dream that you can stop so quickly !!
    5 people like this.
  8. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Habits are infectious. I used to spot Punto's and Linea's during my drive. Now my wife & kid has taken over it and i gentlemanly have given them way. They count the FIAT's while we travel. My kid particularly screams "palio" when she sees one. She is so attached my to earlier Green Palio.

Srini
    3 people like this.
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I do following.

When any high powered CRDi car or SUV tries to pass me, I never slow down.
    While continuing my speed I only give necessary to space to pass. When that car or SUV cries for getting pass,then I touch brake paddle & shows him 1.3 MJD engine is doing favour.
    Remind him technology of CRDi on which that suv is running is originally invented by FIAT.
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
    5 people like this.
  10. I am new to the world of Fiat ownership as I bought my love last Wednesday (06/27) but my love for Fiat started when Palio was launched.
    Whenever I see a Fiat car I admire the beauty and also the one who owns it, as Fiat owners are no doubt are special ppl with special liking:)

Another thing that I started doing after owning Fiat is - when ever Swift (D), Dzire (D) or any car running on Fiat engine (except Fiat cars) over takes me I can't stop my self thinking that - Man, you have a borrowed heart and still showing off this much. This (Fiat cars) is your actual father!! Then I forgive them for being ignorant :)
    4 people like this.