1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Crazy FIAT driving habits

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by prabusp, Jun 29, 2012.

1. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I hate to see a Fiat driven by a driver and the owner sitting behind.
    5 people like this.
  2. Tellmepleaze

Tellmepleaze Amatore

Cochin
    Ha ha...
    Means a Linean has guarantee about his car, it will turn 360 degrees in the shortest curve, despite it's huge length. Almost all cars will shy to attempt it, there will be screeching from the tyres, means rubber is stopped rolling but grinding and burning rubber !
    This was one of big problem with my Indica. Even at an obtuse angle of 120 degree, it screeches.

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

Dont feel bad, not a good habit, neither amusing for others...They will become this:oops: urging to do this:chair:
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @prabusp, i guess every FIATan do this. And bro whatever you wrote above is pretty much same with me. BTW one word of advice, you should attain TFI meetings you'll be much more glad than you are now.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Tellmepleaze

Tellmepleaze Amatore

Cochin
    There are a few, status boss status...

Generally I try to smile at a Fiat driver.

But hate to see a Fiat in 'Bullock-cart' mode, 40 speed, grinding in highway empty roads.
    I give one or two short horns to remind the fellow "there are couple more of higher Gears in your car !"
    If he not accelerating, I overtake, slow a little to show the Fiat logo on the butt...and just vanish, to make this guy shy.
    A Fiat is a decent car, must maintain a fuel-efficient speed.
    2 people like this.
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    I think i am really crazy and people are going to blast at me.

1. On highway if Fiesta/Etios/Vento/Verna and yes mainly Honda city , tries to go zig zag or acts oversmart I make sure i overtake them, then show them thier " Aukad" and then after they fail to overtake me for few kms i show an indicator move to the left lane, slow down a lot and allow them to overtake. This must be surely pinching them right in the heart.

2. I blink my lights to fellow FIAT owner.

3. I dont slow on turn, i love the way my car hugs the road and exhibits zero body roll.
    8 people like this.
  6. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Even I do that, when we accelerate the torque developes and the tire grips the road better.
    It also feels good and in control to accelerate than to slow down in a corner, I sometime slow down a bit and then accelarate again
    to get the grip in corners.
    2 people like this.
  7. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    I am too young to drive, so I keep my eyes open and try to spot a Fiat whenever I am on the road. Thankfully, the number of Fiats in Dehradun is steadily increasing!

And whenever I visit Chandigarh, I keep a count of the number of Fiats I spot. It is a pain in the neck, literally, as I have to scan all sectors of the road, especially at the traffic lights :p

I too do the same! It is an amazing sight!
    1 person likes this.
  8. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Accelerating around the corners , also some times i downshift 1 gear so the sound of roar will be too good to hear :)

some times if i see a fiat car in highway i will just follow for some time to admire how its taking the road.
    1 person likes this.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Some times the shorter first two gears give others a temporary satisfaction until they are about to kiss the beauty and then will see disappearing with unsatisfied desire on rear view mirror. :)
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I think every fiatian has the same mindset. Yes even I am also following Italia's foot prints but for me instead of City its mainly i20 and Swift....

I do respect fiat driver and never mess with them.
    1 person likes this.