1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Crazy FIAT driving habits

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by prabusp, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Hi Folks,

Wanted to post this thread for quite some time. Ever since i become FIATian on 22 March 2012. I get into these weird driving habits, just want to know, people here share such habits like me.

1) Forming a convoy when FIAT cars goes in front. I have done this so many times. Since i reside in IT Corridor, if i see any FIAT last in the queue i will tail along no matter how long is the queue in the toll gate. Have been around 4th car max in a fiat convoy. Those FIAT drivers i should compliment with whom i have tailed along , they understand it and have mostly tried to maintain convoy by not breaking the line,

Yesterday i tailed along from Adayar Signal to Mandaiveli Signal with two lineas First one is TW, followed by OB and last was mine MG, it was a perfect harmony we stayed in a line as much as we could. Incidentally i was tailing behind a TW and then a OB came so fast from behind, i was expecting him to speed past us seeing us he joined in the middle. It was such a nice feeling , you should see the reaction of the other drivers , they drool at our beauties in line. Looks like a ramp walk :) The stupid part was i left my mobile in my bag and kept it in behind else would have clicked few pics.

2) Looking at the side profile of my Linea if had to drive in area or shops which has glass doors so that my beauty in motion gets reflected. I love that sight.

3) Dipping headlamps as i see a fellow Linea or Punto, i do this quite often and two Lineas in my area had started responding to this one is MH registration by the way. These days one of the Linea driver dips headlamp and smiles at me.

Friends share you similar experiences, i have never done such things in my previous two vehicles.
    12 people like this.
  2. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

I agree for first one..I do it too ...:)

Apart frm tailing ..sometimes we form a row...blocking entire road..which has more impact..and people curiously look at us !!
    2 people like this.
  3. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Linea 1.4

We always love to do this, don't we ;)

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    2 people like this.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    NIce thread,

I have habbit of flashing upper/dipper lights to all FIAT cars starting from Padmini-UNO-Palio-Punto-Linea !
    4 people like this.
  5. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Not sure if it is good or bad.
    Ever since i got a Linea(Previous ride was a Hyundai Accent)
    Every time i see a curve or a corner,instead of braking,i accelerate;)
    13 people like this.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Same with me.
    Every time when I am on a highway, I do this.
    1 person likes this.
  7. HMV

HMV Timido

I used to avoid chances that I need to drive
    I make chance so that I can drive more and more
    2 people like this.
  8. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    I usually form a convoy whenever I find a fiat vehicle and dip highlights whenever I find a fiat vehicle on the opposite lane. Also while cornering at high speed my kid standing in the back row fell on co-passengers two times.
    1 person likes this.
  9. sungoa2010

I usually follow another Fiat car. If it is behind me give space to overtake. Why to view it in rear view mirror when there is a scope of seeing it in front of my eyes.
    Never thought about flashing the headlights.
    While parking if any other Fiat is there try to park near to it.Otherwise always like contrast and park near a dezire if available.
    3 people like this.
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

i accelerate arround corners too :)
    1 person likes this.