1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Crafted for a true fan - My new FIAT GRANDE PUNTO MJD EMOTION

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Deepak R, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Deepak R

Deepak R Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Hello guys. !!! J I’m back on track. Sorry for posting late about the buying experience. I got my diesel beast on October 21[SUP]st[/SUP] after a worth wait for 24days. Let me share my buying experience with you people.
    First of all, let me thank the Team Fiat members for inspiring confidence & supporting me on Fiat Grande Punto. Thank you guys for providing me with the PDI checklist. I feel very much thankful for being a proud member of this forum.
    Let me recall my past experience. My actual search for car began when I was at 6[SUP]th[/SUP] semester BE (Mechanical Engg.). My idea was totally different. During those days my car to buy was only Swift rather than any other car. I didn’t even mind think of this beast.
    And then came the rumors. One of my friend told me that New version of Swift will be arriving shortly in India. I became more curious and began searching for the source about it. But I couldn’t get so much of stuff since the source was not very much developed. I could view only the international version. After having a look at it in the net, became very curious and started to wait until January 2011. But there was no news about it.
    At that time, I was at 8[SUP]th[/SUP] semester. I then had to concentrate on technical seminars and project. Time was very short to reach my destiny. But I had sleepless nights searching information about New Swift. But felt a bit bored and started to started to search for a new alternatives instead. My next car was Hyundai i20. After checking with a showroom at Bangalore, Advaith Hyundai, i20 was on the expensive side.:eek:
    But guys, I didn’t even think of diesel version of any of the cars and wanted to go only for the petrol version. Immediately after my exams got over, i went down to a Maruti showroom in search for Swift. Since the old version was only available at that time, i perhaps had a TD and collected the details and went back.
    My next visit was to Prerana Motors at Rajajinagar. The executive was a well-trained, gentle, and he clarified all the doubts i had. In other words I had a wonderful experience with him. I took a TD of GP Dynamic MJD (Electric Blue) since that was the only car available with him on that day. It was only after this time my crush for Diesel Engines started. :wow
    And then in discussion with all my friends, & a few car owners of Swift & Punto & also at my place began. The only reply I got was “SWIFT”. Other than Punto owners, most of them suggested me to go for Swift. Since this was our first car, it took a very long time for me to decide :confused: . We had no option and finally decided to go for Swift VDi on June 26[SUP]th[/SUP] 2011. Back to RNS Motors, we booked Swift VDi (Azure Grey) which was the older version and started to wait for it. The executive told us that the new model will be launching in the month of August and the bookings for the old Swift will get converted to New Swift. Hearing this I felt happy and began waiting for its launch.
    What next??? One fine day and it was August 17[SUP]th[/SUP]. The New Swift was launched and the executive invited us for the launch event. I was more curious and just wanted to have a TD. After deciding, we changed it from VDi to ZXi (Torque Blue), the petrol variant, since our commuting was very less/month. The actual problems began from then on. :uh
    The executive at RNS promised that he would deliver the car by September 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] week since Petrol variants had less waiting period and moreover our bookings were taken as existing customer bookings. It was then September. I started to count the days. The executive started to ignore and he was never picking up our calls :boxer . One of my friends told me that New Swift would be soon available by premium.
    Hearing this, I called back the executive asking for the status of our booking. He gave us unwanted reasons which became more irritating for us. Anyways I wanted a TD of the diesel variant. On requesting a TD of ZDi at my place (though we had booked the ZXi variant), i didn’t find it as punchy as the old one. The interiors were not up to the mark, but better than the previous model. The buttons on the New Swift were on the budget side. :uh . They were not up to my expectations.
    Next day I called back to the Sales Manager at RNS and he told us that our car would be delivered by January 1[SUP]st[/SUP] week 2012. The executive at RNS told us that it would be better if we cancel the booking since the cars were not getting dispatched from the plant :punch. Again back on discussion, we thought it would be better to cancel the booking. Next day we went to RNS Motors to cancel the booking and claim refund :sad1 . I thought it was simply worthless to wait for such a car :thumbs down . After waiting for 2days, I collected the refunded amount cheque.
    Back on discussion, we made a final decision to go for Punto :up and wanted to meet the executive for TD , collect information regarding the procedures and so on.
    It was September 17[SUP]th[/SUP], I called back to Prerana Motors at Rajajinagar and requested for a TD at my place. The executive promised me that he would be getting it by evening. At around 4:20pm, I got a call from executive Mr. Naveen Kumar telling that he was nearby and would arrive in few minutes :steering. He arrived at my place and had a TD again :wow. He gave us the booking forms.
    We waited for a few days (about 2 weeks) and booked FIAT GRANDE PUNTO EMOTION MJD – MEDIUM GREY on September 28[SUP]th[/SUP] :cool. We had a few words with the Sales Manager – Mr. Karthik and spent a few time with formalities. The executive gave the number of Mr. Prabhakar – PDI Manager and told us that he would inform us as soon as the car arrives to the stock yard. While browsing through net, i found a forum that was indeed a fantastic place to discuss about only FIAT CARS, TEAM FIAT – INDIA. Got myself registered and of course another source of boosting my confidence to go for this car is TFI. Thanks a zillion to TFI. I could find all the stuffs useful and properly arranged so as to cater my needs.
    October 3[SUP]rd[/SUP], I got a call from my executive and he informed me the Chassis number. My curiosity for PDI began and started to make calls to him daily ;). It was October 17[SUP]th[/SUP], I got a call from Mr. Naveen and also from the Manager of PDI stating that the car was at the stockyard and had completed the PDI. I was in a hurry to the stockyard and wanted to spot my Punto. Immediately to the PDI office I met Manager and he introduced himself. He was so close to me as a friend was with me till I went back. Here goes the pics of PDI :::: :::: ::::

DSCN8680.jpg DSCN8681.jpg DSCN8682.jpg DSCN8683.jpg DSCN8684.jpg DSCN8685.jpg DSCN8688.jpg DSCN8691.jpg DSCN8693.jpg DSCN8695.jpg DSCN8696.jpg DSCN8697.jpg DSCN8702.jpg

Since I had ordered 3M SP50 series sunfilm and also door sills, the executive told us that he would deliver the car by 21[SUP]st[/SUP] October. And then off to my place, started to wait by counting hours.
    After countless sleepless nights, confusion between the cars, also the “M” factor, finally the time for the good moment was nearing.
    Yipee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, it was October 21[SUP]st[/SUP] , Friday we had a quick lunch and hurried to the showroom. As we were approaching showroom, I could spot the innocent looking, yet with its strong presence and with its boldness, Punto waiting for its owner. All the paper works were completed in no time. We were given a short demo of the car regarding the features and also the kit. We were provided with the manuals, emergency contact numbers and blah blah!!!!!!. :dance

Here goes the delivery snaps :::::::::::

Date : 21-09-2011
    Day : Saturday
    Place : Bangalore
    Venue: Prerana Motors - West of chord road - Rajajinagar
    Car : Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino Grande Punto MJD - Emotion
    Colour: Medium Grey
    Time : 04:50pm

DSCN8703.jpg DSCN8704.jpg DSCN8705.jpg DSCN8706.jpg

Mr. Naveen came out with us along with the key and handed it over to me and I had a quick start and then the driver took the ride. After quick photo session, I gave him a small gift as a token of appreciation. It was about 11kms from the showroom to our place. With all the greetings and well wishing words from the Prerana team, we were flagged off and we moved on.
    We had to fuel it since we were provided with a diesel coupon worth 5lts. We went to the diesel bunk, fuelled it and left the place. I could notice our Punto MJD moving so quiet as a petrol car with its incredible pull and punch. The suspension was so superb that it was just swallowing small potholes. I could not feel the shake and rattles even on bad roads and the comfort – hmmmm was really a class apart. I enjoyed it. :wow
    We reached home safely by 05:45pm. Gave some sweets to the driver and to my surprise, the driver was staying near my place itself. I dropped him near so that he could reach his place very soon. At around 07:30pm, we were getting ready for the temple for pooja. I took incharge for driving my brand new Punto ( as I was very much excited to drive). I was very much exhausted and came back, halted our car, dinner and slept.
    Next morning, I took it for a drive near my place. Driving each day with this car was indeed a new experience for me since I am not an expert driver. Most of my friends used to say that it was difficult to learn driving with Punto since the distance between the steering and the bumper was more (especially for me as a beginner).

Every time I drive my car, I feel the freshness of the Italian nature and its behavior makes a pure luxury . . .

"Although European cars are not seen as often as the Asian cars, the appearance and its motion on the road makes a strong presence which is sufficient enough to create an impression and enough to strike your heart". I am one such owner of a European car. I don’t repent buying this car. It is really a worth for money car.
    As this is only the buying experience, I would also be sharing my reviews on the car.

:cool: I don't have to tell the reason for choosing this car. The car amazes with all the aspects!!!!! :cool:

Mod's Note: Please do not write the entire post in Bold Italic. It inconveniences the reader.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  2. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Great to see that it was smooth for you :)
    Enjoy and Congratulations.
    1 person likes this.
  3. @deepka:- Welcome to TFI and congrats for the NEW car!!!! Enjoy your ride, take care it well. And please done break your heart if you see your AC is not working in few week, Punto have this issue and i don`t know if they have rectified with new cars, O-ring issue just 2 hour job. and 0Rs on your pocket.
    1 person likes this.
  4. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Well what can I say!! A guy canceling Swift booking and purchasing GP, feels very nice to hear. Not many out there in the market who do this. But you took a right decision to be part GP family. Enjoy your ride with Italian beauty.
    1 person likes this.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Congrats DeepakR.

The Punto is looking smashing in Medium Grey. I have never been able to pick the best color for the Punto. It just looks so perfect in each and every color!
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  6. Deepak R

Deepak R Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Thank you abhinit90 :)

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

@ Drive_drift , thank you buddy. Yes most of the TFI members told that there were O-ring issues with Punto. When i en-quired with the showroom and service, they told me that they have rectified with the upcoming cars and no need to worry about that. And thanks for the precautionary advice buddy :)

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

Thanks a lot for those well wishing words. I hope i have made a right decision and enjoying well with this hot ride :)

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

Drive_drift , thank you. Sure buddy. I heard about this issue & when en quired about this, they told me that the present variants don't have such issues. And thanks for the precautionary advice. :)

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

@ gopscreative , thank you so much. i could not wait long for such a car. Of-course it is indeed a wise decision for me to go for GP. I don't repent buying this car. I m enjoying with this car in all ways !!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

@ gurjinder , thank you buddy :). Yes it looks awesome with Medium Grey colour. Also a great head turner as well :)
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Welcome To TFI with your MG Punto. as mine is also the same color and love it.
    Happy to hear that the Swift buyer gone and possessed the grande......
    All the best and drive safe.......
    1 person likes this.
  8. Deepak R

Deepak R Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks a million tony :)