1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Cracked oil pipe

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by inv, Jul 12, 2015.

1. inv

inv Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey guys,

Today i noticed something in the engine bay. There is a small crack on this metal pipe right below the dipstick. Oil seems to have been spraying out from this crack. It is a metal pipe. Can i know what pipe this is so i can check on 99rpm.com. The oil level also seems to have dropped. What could have caused this?? Im kinda scared

The car has run about 77k now. Last routine service was at 67k where oil was changed. I guess this is a good time for an oil change too. Any recommendations apart from the standard one they use at FASS?

I have attached some pics

Since Vecto FASS mysore road has closed down, i guess ill have to go the hosur road one.

IMG_20150712_122048.jpg

IMG_20150712_122138.jpg

IMG_20150712_122225.jpg
  2. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

Karnataka
    14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Sorry, I cannot make out which pipe is cracked. Can you please post a clearer picture showing the crack?

One concern can be oil level if the oil has been spilling because of crack. You will be in trouble if the oil level goes below the min mark. Keep strict watch on the oil level.
  3. inv

inv Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Not able to edit first post. Adding the pic here

IMG_20150712_122048.jpg
  4. inv

inv Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Deepak and Sujit508 like this.
  5. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Thanks for the reporting the issue and the part/fix here.

Just emphasizes the importance and the need for all car owners to open the bonnet, and look into the engine bay for anything alarming. Good that you could find the leak before the engine oil level reduced too much.
  6. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

Karnataka
    14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Well said. If the owner looks under the hood once a week many problems can be fixed before they become a major issue.