1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Crackdown on use of high intensity headlights @ Kerala

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Cinju, Feb 3, 2012.

1. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    And yet the cops are going to take action against HID conversions! In the entire paragraph above, which incidentally are reasons for accidents given by cops themselves, there is not a single mention of HID conversion causing an accident.

If the cops are really serious, they should just check and prosecute buses & specially trucks for non-working tail lamps & head lights. While doing that they can also check the drivers of these vehicles for proper eye sight. The results will surely be a eye opener for them!

So now our dingy idiotic government departments & cops know more then manufacturer's who spend millions of dollars on R&D?
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

I think it's just a big goof up.

The police guys are just confusing HID's with those blue bulbs. And labelling it HID's.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    as i reside in the part of westerm maharashtra,more sugar cane industries..
    many trucks and tractors dont even have tail lamps, atleast radium stickers,its hard to judge the motion.
    every year you can hear a car or bike went under the tractor and rto not even cares about this...:mad:

many people use high beam its really hard to drive during nights... many times i have blasted the opposite driver :X
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

May be true. But I am sure these fellows are not expert enough to find out by the light that they are HIDs or not & they dont even know which amongst them is factory fitted or after market. It would ultimately end up in an individual cops (who does the verification) decision if the driver should be fined or not. Lets see how practical it is going to be. If they are serious about this, it is going to be a tough time for the cops .
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i would say rather its a good move from rto, not only for this reason of HID,but also if more sense is added to the rules(which never happens)...
    its really difficult while driving in night times with HID's car coming in front especially blue colored...
    i was waiting for this....
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

Come on !!!

Anybody talking about Indian cops ??? "Kerala police "
    I was fined Rs.100 saying "driving with High beams on". when I showed Him switching on the High beam, he said fine but you do not have black dot on headlamp so pay it and go.
    and they tested me with alchometer breath analyzer and let me go .
    2 people like this.
  7. clash81

clash81 Regolare

I am not sure what is the difference between and HID and a halogen bulb but i have come across far too many vehicles with blinding lights and i am seriously supporting any genuine attempts to ban these blinding lights.

If i am driving through a dark lane, i notice that 6 out 7 oncoming vehicles have their high beam switched on. The normal high beams itself is such a nuisance, then imagine driving with blinding lights like the blue halogen.
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    One of my friends in Kerala gave new crude method to beat the alchometer using coconut oil. Dont want to share it here, in case some one is too curious know, PM me :)
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

they should fine people driving with high beams in city. also they should fine trucks and buses and tractors for not maintaining the lights and driving merrily with blown off tail lamps etc. also as commercial vehicles should mandatory have reflective tapes according to new CMVR rules, it should be applied to all old vehicles too.

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

please dont share this with anyone :) a humble request
  10. anoop

anoop Superiore

If this ever happens, the police will find is easy to fill their purse. As mentioned in this thread, the crackdown should actually be targeting those blueish bulbs. But asking them to fine an automobile based on the color temperature is not easy since the equipment to do this and training will take serious money and time.