1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

crack in tyre....

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by arunfbtr, Sep 11, 2013.

1. arunfbtr

arunfbtr Timido

kalpakkam
    Dear Friend of Fiat....today(11-9-2013)i had been to RAMKAY TVS Fiat chennai for some minor pbms to get solved....it was seen by the service engr that the rite front tyre(195/60 R15 good year,33200kms) had a crack of nearly 1"...when enquired,the answer was it may b due to the tyre might had lost its life....wheel balancing&alignment/pressure were done/maintained at the good level since i purchased the car(28th oct 2011)... may i know wats the pbm for this???wat can b done???whether good year can give me good solutions???
  2. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    What is the manufacturing date of the tyre? What air pressure you maintain?

The cracks can happen for numerous reasons and the one that is 1 inch long scares me. If finance supports get rid of all and buy new ones. There are high chances that it may fail on stress.

I am skeptical if GoodYear will entertain anything after 33k kms and 2 yrs except offering you their new series with 100 rupees discount on each tyre :)
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Arun,

A small suggestion. Stick to plain english please, no SMS language.

Can you post the pic of the 1inch cut on the damaged tyre? What about the health of other tyres, are they OK? Two options - 1) Change all the tyres since they already have covered 30k+ kms 2) Change the damaged tyre only (assuming rest of the tyres still have life) and think about replacing all tyres maybe at 40K kms running.

Hope this helps
    2 people like this.
  4. arunfbtr

arunfbtr Timido

kalpakkam
    Ghodlur...thanks for your good valuable comments for the tyres....its default,sms typing comes nowadays for most of us(you too have a word,pic in your reply to me)...all the other tyres are in good conditions.....
    12092013327.jpg 12092013328.jpg 12092013330.jpg 16092013331.jpg 16092013333.jpg
  5. RedPoint

RedPoint Amatore

Chennai
    Looks like a spare tyre to me. If so did u run this all along 33K kilometers?
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Get rid of that tyre and get a new one. There is another small crack too. GY may not accept any claim after 2 years and 30k+ Kms.

120920133271.jpg
  7. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    It appears like a crack/damage due to external impact. Any tyre company will easily reject the claim.

Did you run into any pot hole? Looks like some damage due to sharp object (gravel/steel rod).
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  8. arunfbtr

arunfbtr Timido

kalpakkam
    dear friend...no idea,how it happend....planning to change the front 2 tyres with michelin.....thanks for ur valuable comments...happy motoring with fiat....

- - - Merged Post - - -

dear friend...no idea,how it happend....planning to change the front 2 tyres with michelin.....thanks for ur valuable comments...happy motoring with fiat....

- - - Merged Post - - -

9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

New tyres always should go to the back.
  10. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @arunfbtr

Please avoid posting like.....this.... No SMS style posts here :)

It's really a pain to read such posts.

Rest about your tyre problem is getting rid of that tyre asap and get a new one!