1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Crack in the stepney area

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by drsidiyengar, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Today , while I was cleaning the car I noticed this crack in this stepney area.It looks as if somebody had rear ended the car and this area was repaired before delivery.TFIans what should I do know?
    The car was delivered with H 40 kms and the dealership thrust Fiat did not have any workshop at the time purchase as they had just opened few months ago.
    Now should I get repaired and sell the car as the structure of the car is involved even if it as loss?
    DSC_0021.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  2. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Please add some pictures so that we can get the idea about your problem :)
  3. @rishike007- I was having problem uploading the photo due to internet connection.I have edited my post and added the photo.
  4. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Could you make sure if it's a crack or a missing body sealant? IMO, Fiat quality control sucks when it comes to body sealant verification.

Since you think it was there when you were taking the delivery itself, take it up with Fiat customer care. Why do you need to suffer the loss?
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

That's absolutely normal, that is where body panels are welded together and paste is applied.
  6. You can clearly see there is gap in the welded area and is visible only close inspection.I noticed because when I opened the boot and was cleaning the area I could see sunlight between the gap.It looked as if there is gap between the two metal sheet and somebody has cut and welded poorly.
    Can any member post picture of the same area for comparison.
  7. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Here's how the area looks like in our jet. The weld is much cleaner.

8ezameba.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
  8. @prakhar- thanks for uploading the photo.
    Should I get it welded that area or apply body sealant over the area as a temporary measure.Also would that area be rust prone in future and would it affect the structural integrity be affected?