1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Couldn't engage gears.. Please help

Discussion in 'Technical' started by thinkagain, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Aamir

Aamir Timido

Srinagar
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Thanks buddy. Jammu FIAT dealer told me they will be setting up a SC in Srinagar in coming few months. Just wanted to know if Warsi motors will be able to take care of the car properly in case of any mechanical or aesthetical issues, you know how the traffic and roads are over here and it's hard to stay untouched/unbrushed. Did you have any experience with Warsi motors related to any kind of service? I really don't want to get a hyundai, honda or Maruti over here, only Punto seems a perfect fit but this SC issue is bothering me a lot.
    Which Punto do you own btw, Evo or Grande? I'm planning for Evo 90hp, any suggestions or reviews based on your experience?
  2. thinkagain

thinkagain Timido

Srinagar
    I actually have no experience with Warsi motors but i know they service FIAT cars well.
    In your case, if you buy a new punto, you will need to visit Jammu for the service of the car taking into account the warranty period.
    I own grande punto 1.3 mjd.
    FIAT cars are enthusiast cars and one will, without doubt, fall in love with them once they get to know them.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 19, 2015 ---
    Servicing is the only cause for concern currently in Srinagar. If FIAT manages to open a service centre here then I probably won't think of any other car.
    Test drive punto evo as well as avventura.
    Both the cars are best in the segment.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 19, 2015 ---
    For aesthetical issues Warsi motors can take care of that but for technical issues you will need to be careful so that warranty don't get void for the vehicle
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. Aamir

Aamir Timido

Srinagar
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I believe the first service is due after 15000 kms, is that right?
    I'll talk to someone from National FIAT Jammu and ask them about the warranty concerns if I get my car serviced at Warsi.
    Moreover, someone from Jammu dealer told me that they often set up service camps in Srinagar.
    Don't know how much of that is true, you know these dealers can lie to any extent just to sell a car

And regarding the car I'll be opting for Evo 90hp, I've already test driven the 75hp model and it seemed perfect. How's your experience with the car till now in Kashmir?
  4. thinkagain

thinkagain Timido

Srinagar
    First service is due after 6 months or 5000 kms. I had to do the service after 5000 kms.

Regarding service camps set up by them,i don't know about it.

They don't provide any service camps here.

Evo 90 is a great car, you surely won't be disappointed Insha Allah.
  5. Aamir

Aamir Timido

Srinagar
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @thinkagain I spoke with the head of services from National Fiat Jammu and he assured me that Warsi can handle all the issues and that FIAT will set up a SC in Srinagar by the end of August. He also said that warranty won't get void if I get the car serviced or repaired from Warsi Motors. Don't know how much of that is true.
    I was also going through a thread at Team-BHP and a Punto owner was complaining about squeaking and rattling sounds in his car after about 8000km, have you experienced anything like that?