1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Could this be the new Fiat Linea?

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Pankaj Badola, Dec 14, 2011.

1. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

if only that car was in india under the 4 meters tax regularion, and with an on road price of about 7 lakhs for the top end model......
  2. Crazy_Eddy

Crazy_Eddy Novizio

The VW Vento weighs 1130kg vs the 1180kg of the Linea. I guess its crap too :p
    IMHO the real reason the Linea/Punto weigh so much is because they couldn't be bothered to optimise. The amount of plastics they use is mind boggling. Even the door locking mechanism uses plastics.

... people still wouldn't buy it.
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  3. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

@Crazy_Eddy : are u checked swift , i20's doors, they does not close with solid 'thud' sound( this think i like it for gp) we can seen in many reviews(specially small accidents) how fiat is stronger than others.
    Anyways i'm waiting for new model , i hope so they did not disspoint us!
    1 person likes this.
  4. Ok i must say even though i love to drive my linea it has been giving me issues in 2 months that i have owned it...

1) Car pulls towards left from day one..
    2) Steering wheel wobbles if you drive over 80 km/hr
    3) Left headlight has marks from inside the case!!!
    4) Driver side power windows stopped working one day and the entire central locking unit had to be replaced... By the way Dhingra motors didnt have the spare and initially asked me to wait for 7-10 days but when i created a scene they took that component from their test cars and replaced it with mine. so my car is running on second hand central locking unit.
    5) TASS engineers are not trained adequately on FIAT cars..They work on linea as if they have seen it for the first time.
    6) today morning when i turn my car on i got a message "Engine oil pressure low. Turn off your engine". I checked and the engine oil was leaking

All this within 2 and half months of ownership...These problems should ideally arise only after 2-3 years not months. Have written a Scathing email to all the email IDs that i could find on this site...Feel very nervous with owning a car that is falling apart within 2 months
  5. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

This is a Siena 1.4 multifuel car that runs as a flexible-fuel on pure gasoline, or E20-E25 gasohol, or pure ethanol (E100) or as a bi-fuel with CNG.This can never be the facelifted Linea :-D Looking at FIAT india's current operations this car will never make it to india :p