1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Cost of side view mirror?

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by shanmugam, Jul 14, 2014.

1. shanmugam

shanmugam Amatore

Dear All,

My right side view mirror broken when a two wheeler rammed in my vehicle.
    changing mirror is enough? or need to change whole part? any body knows the cost of mirror ?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  2. shankspatel

shankspatel Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Changing the mirror plate should be enough in most cases, its a simple DIY. mine broke under similar condition, I got the Mirror plate from JC road for 180 Bugs and replaced it myself.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

If the biker rammed the OVRM, then I assume that the entire mirror assembly must have been damaged. If you had posted a pic of the same it would hahve helped to suggest. Assuming Active variant comes with mechanical OVRM set up the total cost for the OVRM including the assembly will be Rs 1500+. If its just the glass then it will cost Rs 267. This is as per teh prices on 99rpm. Link attached.

Fiat Grande Punto: Right Outside rearview Door Mirror
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Add to that cost of coloring the ORVM, if changed completely.
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Linea T-Jet
    What a coincidence? :) Though a bad one; Mine went down too last week, when a a***ole gauthiya(villager) biker coming from opposite side decided to leave all the place in left of him and banged in my right orvm; Loud sound And mirror went off. I was driving at 40-50 kmph something, so decide not break and look for mirror in the night and went ahead.

After reaching home, checked the damage and found that PPF from 3M came handy here, they bore the scratch on themselves leaving entire assembly intact.
    Next day inquired at Pandit Auto FASS regarding availability of the glass. It was priced at 289/- inclusive of taxes. 2 mts work. Got it fixed while leaving for office.
  6. shanmugam

shanmugam Amatore

Thanks guys for your response. yesterday i went to RDC Fiat and got fixed. I paid Rs 360/.
  7. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

My car cleaner has damaged the right side mirror assembly. The mirror and the casing is fine. I am also able to control the mirror. However the mirror assembly is not able to stay connected to the base. The rubber connection to the base seems to have gone bad. Anybody have an idea if only the rubber connector for TJet can be replaced. The TJet mirror assembly has a special spring action and it can go ahead in the opposite direction
  8. vijai

vijai Novizio

Grande Punto 1.3
    IMG_20150402_100336.jpg Today morning - I came out of the house to collect the morning paper, my punto's right side mirror was on the floor. It was not hit or something on the previous night. looks like adhesive is gone but i thought it was held by some pins. Now this is how it looks without the mirror.

Called up CAI service center, as usual spares not available - they have ordered now. cost would be 350/- :(
  9. Gaurav_punto_emotion

Gaurav_punto_emotion Timido

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Today army truck just pushed my punto aside and the mirror is no more.....:banghead::mad:...in place of mirror a wire thread is visible ...rest everything is crushed under the tyre of truck.

Please let me know what is the cost of same (driver side(same like above post) and punto emotion pearl white color).....and let me know in how much time i will receive at my end.

automatic adjustable :arghh: