1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Cost of Front Bumper.

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by cristovarghese, May 6, 2011.

1. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    OMG, These bikers are the real careless peoples on streets, Did you make a complaint, check the amount covered by insurance if you go for it, But check with the insurance think about it as you will lose the bonus of premium.
  2. i remember paying 1.5k for the front bumper.
  3. I understand some hard metal projecting part portion of the bike caused this. and it caused such a tear that require full replacement is really sad too.
    I hav a question related. My friend who has a swift went and hit a dog, while in the highway at a quite high speed around ~100 kmph. It hit the lower portion of the bumper toward the left it seems, and caused heavy damage. radiator was gone and so also the condenser. really shocking to hear that an object like a dog cause this much damage. proving there is nothing but the fibre portion to take this hit that too directly.( i mean no frame in between). What is the case with punto. do we too have just the plain fibre bumper to take such hits or some portion of frame comes in that kind of area? and how better (i believe not worse) will a punto/linea bumper withstand such kinda hit ? while i feel /push with hand the plastic dcntly seems thicker though.
  4. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    One of my friend who also owns a Swift had a similar incident. He hit a dog on a highway, but no damage happened to the bumper never the less din't realise that some hose broke. He also din't notice the check engine sign. He drove for quite some distance until the engine got jammed leaving him stranded on the highway. The car was later towed to the nearest service center. Took more than 15 days to get the engine fixed and costed him a whooping 80k. This incident happened less than 3 months after he bought his car.
  5. ot
    i remember hittin a dog in a tavera at 80kmph
    the metal bumper got bent and the fog lamp which had secondary impact broke.

dont wory nothing must have happened to the radiator or fan or anything as such. but get it checked once
  6. I got the bumper replaced and my car was delivered on Wednesday. I was not happy with the finishing of the new front bumper. The edges of the bumper, is not smooth like the original one. It cost me Rs. 6793/- (Rs.2290 for the bumper & 4503 for the labour + painting charges. I had complained to the concorde people about the quality of finishing and they said that front bumper spares from FIAT does not have a good finishing.

Luckily, there was no other damage except for the front bumper.... Well, it was not a head on collision, I was stationary and the Biker just sped past me tearing the bumper. I have not checked, but I am hoping that there is frame to take the shock and minimize internal damage to the car. That's a good point of thought.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2011
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yeah Cristivarghese, do post the picture after fixing the bumper is the color difference more, ofcourse you can make it out because you know where the problem is, ask someone who doesn't know the bumper has been changed and check his view.
  8. Don't buy that argument, I have replaced both my bumpers and got the new one's exactly like how it was earlier, yes they did not do the finish properly but I complained to CRM and FIAT and it got rectified.
    Welcome to TeamFIAT Christo!! I did not know you brought a Punto.
    -Sat
  9. Abhijeet

Abhijeet

Pune
    I have been waiting for my black Punto's front bumper to arrive at the TASS for about 2 months now. Have made enquires at all the Pandit Auto showroom in Pune...with no luck... Apparently the FIAT spares warehouse has be burnt to ashes a month back and hence the scarcity...
    Can anyone please suggest where in Pune shall I get the bumper replaced???
  10. iabhijeet
    is it that you want a bumper only from pune?
    you can go to mumbai as well and get it fixed.