1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Cost of Clutch Assembly and Master Cylinder

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by Jurd_Mcwell, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Jurd_Mcwell

Jurd_Mcwell Timido

Bangalore, India
    Hello,

I have a FIAT Palio Stile MJD 1.3 SDX and am planning to go for a Clutch Assembly and Master Cylinder as I feel the clutch is slipping it was hard as well and the FE has dropped to ~ 12 in the city.
    Keeping in mind that FIAT has changed the design of the clutch assembly I would need to change both Clutch Assembly and Master Cylinder
    Authorised center and quoted 12k for the same does any idea how much these parts actually cost.
    I m planning to get this changed at BOSCH service centre will it be cheaper and of good quality ?
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Go for clutch change first, if you are going for master cylinder as well change the slave cylinder. I mean fix the problem only don't take extra measures. If you want to somehow then going for master and slave together is better.

Please ask SC for spare cost breakup. Stile MJD is very much to be given equal service as a Punto Linea.
  3. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I Have changed master cylinder & Clutch kit last week on my palio stile.
    There are three alternatives for Palio stile clutch Replacement
    1. OE PALIO Stile part no : 717533191 - Costs 8k with release bearing
    2. OE Punto part No : 55226969 - Costs 5.5k approx with release bearing
    3. Tata Vista Clutch which cost you around 4.3k with release bearing.

Overall cost comes near 10k depends on Labor charges. Please check below costs incurred when i changed Clutch & Master cylinder.
    Total cost : 10700 Rs.
    Cost Break-up
    Clutch Assembly with Release bearing - 5300 Rs
    Gear oil 2 litres - 1100 Rs
    Master Cylinder - 1300 Rs
    Labor - 3000 Rs
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
    novicefreak and asimpleson like this.
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Gear oil change required when replacing clutch?
  5. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think its not necessary. But as my car is of APR 2008 make, i thought to change transmission oil too.
    1 person likes this.
  6. novicefreak

novicefreak Novizio

Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    hi Shashank,
    Just came across this thread, good to know about your service and thanks for cost break up.
    Could you pl share the service centre details. Even I am planning for Clutch change as its un bearable hard ( PalioStile SDX - 2008)
  7. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You can get it done at FASS ( Ankitha or Butta Motors ). Only thing is you make sure that they are installing Punto clutch. It would save another 2k.
    novicefreak likes this.
  8. Raviprem

Raviprem Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Hi Shashank,

My MJD clutch died and i have given my MJD for clutch replacement to a local mechanic near, Hyderaad.
    please let me know if you have taken the vista clutch or punto clutch or is it Valeo clutch? I understand that the MJD OEM clutch is hydrolic one and Vista clutch is of a cable is this vista cable clutch comptable with that? Please also let me know while replacing the clutch, is it necessary or mandatory to replace master / slave cylindres?