1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

cosmetic touch ups of punto 90 HP- planned.

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by sathishgv, Mar 26, 2013.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @satish,
    Ya i calculated it last night and it was a turn off for me. Infact the similar one could be got done for much lesser price here itself. Hmm... will start looking for more options.
  2. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    The thing which i was talking about arrived. It was LED strip which i intend to use it as DRL (low cost experiment, if i did not like it i can easily get away with it). Here is the picture of it

DSCN2748.jpg

DSCN2752.jpg

I bought this from ebay and the link is:http://www.ebay.in/itm/261269832781?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
    Now i am confused to whether i should go for the DIY route or get it done by SC or professionals. Of course DIY will take a lot of time as i have to read. Checked the strip by connecting it to the battery and its working fine.

And i have bought these too.

DSCN2764.jpg

DSCN2765.jpg

I had to buy these as per the request of my wife as she felt uncomfortable during long drives. (also i have to keep her happy for the plans of T-R-I-P ;))

These were also bought from ebay and the link is:http://www.ebay.in/itm/181238606156?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649.

They costed 195/-(free shipping). Quality is good but the finishing could have been better. But considering the cost is a VFM.
  3. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Was too busy with the Cruise control project so could not actually implement the DRL project. But now i have some time, here is the teaser

IMG_20131218_175205.jpg
  4. ★RID3R★

★RID3R★ Timido

HSR
    Inspired from your mod, I got mine chromed today. Planning to get both Head and Tail smoked soon..
    20140107_174853_1.jpg
    20140107_174412_1.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  5. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    After a long gap between my initiation of thought process for adding a DRL by the DIY route, i was atlast able to complete it yesterday. I should say that the outcome was very satisfactory not only for me but also for my better half and my friends. As usual, i will post the pics later and the steps i followed.

This gave me some confidence and now i am planning for adding lights to illuminate the interior at the rear and also the foot pedal area.
  6. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Though my initial impression at night was good but i have made a mistake in selecting the LED. The lights are not prominent in day time. After researching i found that i should have gone for 5050 60 SMD. There is no specification on the LED that i bought but it seems to be 3258 18 SMD. Anyways posting the pictures. The finishing might not be good as i have placed it as a trial only.

The first three pictures were taken at 14:00 hrs

IMG_20140117_140855.jpg

IMG_20140117_140904.jpg

These pictures were taken at 17:30 hrs

IMG-20140117-00857.jpg

IMG_20140117_172533.jpg

IMG_20140117_172526.jpg

After seeing the outcome i am planning to shift these lights to the interiors and go for more powerful LED strips to be used as DRL in the front.
    5 people like this.
  7. nareshov

nareshov

Bangalore
    @satishgv: Aww, in the last pic, Punto looks like its eyes are lined with tears :D
    1 person likes this.
  8. pronoy_banerjee

pronoy_banerjee Amatore

Pune
    Hello Sathishgv,

The LED's look good, however my concern would be if those would last. The 3m tape provided is not very strong, and may give way due to the heat from the headlight.
    Moreover, ebay is overcharging you. You can get these(waterproof strips) for 85-90 rupees a meter in electrical shops. I got the same for Automated cabin footlights. All you need to do is cut the desired length and get it soldered.
  9. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @nareshov: May be true , my punto is crying to leave it alone :evilsmile

@pronoy: Thank you for your feedback. I tried in the local shops but i could not get a waterproof one and they were the one used for decorating during diwali. Anyway i am planning to use this in the interior as you have did or may be to light up the back seat.
    2 people like this.
  10. pronoy_banerjee

pronoy_banerjee Amatore

Pune
    I agree getting hold of a waterproof one is a little tough. try the local electronic market, which usually is in the heart of the any city, I'm sure there must be a market in your city as well. Or ask the electrical shop guy to source it.
    Just a suggestion, this is the best thing you can do to light up the rear seat.