1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

cosmetic touch ups of punto 90 HP- planned.

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by sathishgv, Mar 26, 2013.

1. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    hello guys,

Thinking of doing some cosmetic touch ups on my medium grey punto 90 HP. The planned list is as follows:

1. chrome strips around the front grill (inspiration from TFI member ganges:

[h=1]Self Adhesive Chrome Strips)[/h]
    2. Chrome strips above the weather strip in the doors. (as in linea)
    3. Carbon fibre like vinyl sticker in the doors (B-pillar).

and planning to do some styling in the boot lid around the fiat logo..........ideas please.

Do give your valuable suggestions
    1 person likes this.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Please dont do this and personally I will not recommend you any chrome job on MG Punto.

Instead get roof painted/vinyled in White color or black color. Cost Rs. 1500 for Vinyl Job.
    Get alloys painted in white color.
    Carbon fiber on plastic part near wipers, A, B, C Pillers.
    Dont play with FIAT logo its elegent enough.
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    since its a dark colour and its already having chrome handles, i d suggest putting a strip just below the side windows as in linea . i m not sure how it ll look like around front grille, leave that. if you want, you can also get a chrome strip for the boot like in top end polo/vento. i guess its also there in absolute edition linea: http://www.volkswagen-accessories.ie/images/polo_chrometailgatestrip_l.jpg

And dont blacken the chrome portion around FIAT logo, it looks good only in light colored cars !! CF Bits looks good. check out nkrishnap ' slinea thread, he has done CF in B pillars, looking that, i also bought 4 sqft CF Vinyl n stuck, they are really kewl !!
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    First of all thanks for liking chrome work.
    Go ahead and do it.Chrome will best suit the dark color than BNW.
    1 person likes this.
  5. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thank you guys. was away busy with personal work. Well i will think about all your suggestions.

@ kedarbendre: Why not any chrome job on MG color as the chrome handles doesn't look bad at all and also the chrome around the fiat logo suits well. Any ways it all depends upon individual tastes.

@ varuntr: Will look into it. Thanks man
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Sathish I was talking about the chorme around the front grill, personally I dont like that. Ganges I hope you dont mind.

90HP already has limited dose of chrome and I dont think extra chrome will look good.
    2 people like this.
  7. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Today, carried out the pasting of chrome strips on the doors (weather strip). Along with the door handles looks fantastic. Sorry, could not upload the photos now. enjoy the suspense ;)

Also, finished pasting the carbon fibre like vinyl stickers and totally covered the B-pillar and some in the rear door. Could not finish the entire job as i am short of vinyl stickers. So did only for one side.

Will try to post the pics in the after noon.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    whats the chrome size(width) you have used ?
    yes please post the pic soon
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Added more chrome to front bumper.

IMG_20130407_205728.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  10. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Ganges it seems that its "raining" chrome on your punto. I used 24 mm strip on the weather strips.

Well guys, the time has come to lift the screen and reveal the suspense.(don't just get carried over by the hype....:-D)

Here are the pics
    pic1.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    pic5.jpg
    pic6.jpg

Rest work is still pending........
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
    6 people like this.