1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Cornering/Curves: Drive with FIAT....

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Ganges, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Which part of the control mechanism makes the cornering and handling so special with FIAT cars :-
    > Steering effect.
    > The way dashboard have been placed.
    > Suspension set-up
    > the exterior body design itselves.
    > Weight factor ?:ugeek:
    > all above points make cornering a fun drive :)
    1 person likes this.
  2. praful

praful

Bangalore
    Steering feedback (HPS:up) along with a suspension that is not too soft nor too hard!
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. lowflier

lowflier Amatore

South Florida
    It is like asking which quality of yours makes you what you are (a fine individual). The way you cannot pick just one, its the same for our fine machines too! Well, I would go with suspension, which gives you immense confidence, which gives you that planted on the road feel and well yes, the driving dynamics :)
    1 person likes this.
  4. hpmadan

hpmadan Timido

Bangalore
    Hi,

Its Hydraulic steering and suspension setup and overall the aerodynamic design makes the car really fun to drive in corners and straight lane stability and also in my opinion more weight factor adds more downforce and less drag of the car.
    1 person likes this.
  5. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The steering is the main factor in this... nowadays i just corner like in my bike, downshift to third and rev up all through the curve !!! The only hindrance is the thick A pillar and quarter glass minimizes visibility when taking right hander curves. You can easily drift in the twisties without losing any control which is mainly due to suspension n hydraulic steering , but its weight and short second gear is a problem when you are doing steep uphill climb, when you need to shift to second at times !
    2 people like this.
  6. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Rightly pointed out! Even I have experienced this. Especially while negotiating curves during ghat drives..
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Combination of Steering, suspension set up, weight distribution, chassis dynamics, antiroll bars, stabiliser bars design etc Fiat cars handle better than any other cars in the market.
    1 person likes this.
  8. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    It's depends on the center of gravity of the car & the weight to height ratio....
    1 person likes this.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Asthetically :One should also believe in the seating position,the way steering wheel is planted,the way dashboard have been designed(sedan class) .The perfect seating posture makes the cornering a fun drive.it was pathetic to drive Figo with that seating position and the way steering wheel have been placed.
    Punto is class apart.!!!
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    But many people do acclaim that Figo has the best seating position! :confused:
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012