1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Converting FIAT Linea Emotion to Emotion Pack

Discussion in 'Technical' started by coolhareesh, Jan 15, 2012.

1. coolhareesh

coolhareesh

Chennai
    I have a FIAT Linea MJD Emotion. I would like to add Steering Mounted Audio, Air Bags and Blue&Me to my Linea Emotion to make it an Emotion Pack. What are the possibilities of adding these features? What would its cost be?

Alloy Wheels can be installed, I don't think its a problem. But is it possible to install fully foldable rear seats, rear screen in Linea Emotion.
  2. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Airbags, blue&me? no. Don't think its even practical to do. It would be more practical to buy an emotion pack instead.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Btw.. If you mean blue n me type features.. Yes, you can install an even better stuff with a car PC with bluetooth connectivity for your phone features. Steering mount control can be added too.... But definitely not blue&me per se

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2012
  3. coolhareesh

coolhareesh

Chennai
    Steering Mounted Audio

As far as I am aware, the steering wheel with audio controls includes the Air Bag. So wouldn't it be possible to install Air Bags as well for safety.
    Further How much would a Carputer and New Steering Wheel Cost?
  4. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Its not possible to install Airbag in aftermarket. Its not that simple as having airbag in steering wheels, it has Airbag controller(ECU) and sensors etc, it also have to be integrated with car ECU and MID controls. It will not be possible and very costly to do it, for example AirBAG Ecu costs Rs12,000 approx itself and other parts are also very costly. Thats the reason most of the cars which has Airbag as option are usually costly by 35k to 50k then without it.

Also steering wheel for Emotion Pk includes space for airbag, airbag costs another 15K approx as far as i know and thats without sensors, Airbag ECU etc.

Please go through below link, then you will understand the complexity of airbag setup, it not simply a "airbag in the steering wheel".
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airbag#How_airbags_work
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  5. coolhareesh

coolhareesh

Chennai
    Steering Mounted Audio

Are there any alternatives to install steering mounted audio and blue&me of fiat punto/linea emotion? What would its cost be?
  6. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    My suggestion is ,There are many good head units currently having Blue tooth facility with steering mountedcontrols ,
    Pros :
    U will get A2dp,gps with maps in HU ,Usb with AUX IN ...
    Cons :
    Old unit goes
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2012