1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Continuous High Beam HeadLight

Discussion in 'Technical' started by vinit, Apr 21, 2015.

1. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Hi,

Never used continuous high beam lights while driving my new linea in my 3 months of ownership, so never needed this before, but recently while driving in the night, there was a long patch, completely dark, and hence needed to use high beam lights. However, I could only flash the high beam lights by pulling left side stalk towards the steering wheel. Was not able to put the high beam on, continuously..

Searched the manual... On page 51, FIAT has mentioned a procedure, but found that, it was not working as stated... Can anyone simplify, how to put the high beam lights continuously on..

Thanks
  2. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    one pull on the left stalk and leave it. its high beam
    do the same again, its low beam.

before either of this, the light needs to be switched on by turning the end of left stalk forward.

with the switch off, if u pull the left stalk.. its the pass indication(on high beam)
  3. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    This way, its only flashing the high beam till the left stalk is pulled. It is returning to low beam immediately as soon as the pulled left stalk is released. I want to keep the high beam continuously on..
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Please don't drive with high beam on.

I guess if the stalk is coming back to its normal position and not holding in the high beam position, there is an issue with the setup. Visit FASS to rectify, you might need to replace the stalk assembly in total.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    You need to check the combination switch if stalk is not holding the high beam position. If car is under warrenty you can get it free of cost.
  6. Shri

Shri Timido

Thane
    Linea 1.3
    This problem I have faced in my old palio earlier, problem is with combination switch, continuous use of high beam it must be melted inside. So probably need replacement.