1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Consequence of Byuing TD/Demo Car

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by tmukho, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I am not sure how it works in case of fiat,but in case of change of ownership warranty stands null and void.
    As they say to each his own:)
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I am not sure how it works for other cars, but here is how it works for FIAT:

Warranty.jpg

I strongly urge all FIAT owners to please take some time out and read the manuals supplied with the car. Will avoid a lot of misunderstanding.

Rajan
    4 people like this.
  3. Extended warranty and stuffs are just a gimmick, in older days they never existed, but so what? It didnt stop people from buying cars then.if you think you really want the tjet or the linea/punto td car, and you are getting a very good amount discount you should go for it...nothing can go much wrong in these brilliantly made cars, even if it goes and you have to bear it, it will still work out less than a new car..
    And this is just my opinion..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    @Arnab - The car in question is being offered without the 2 years unlimited milage MANUFACTURER'S warranty.

Rajan
  5. Yes Mr.Rajan I did go through the above post..when you are getting a 10-11lac worth car at a price less than 6lac(if he can negotiate further),tjet being a petrol car will anyways be seeing less highways, maybe within 2 years the max it will cover is 20k,si the unlimited kms warranty will never be fully used and even if anything goes wrong he can pay and get it rectified..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  6. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    It's not. For a product with many parts from multiple manufacturers it makes complete sense to get one. Mine has served me well for the amount I paid towards it (free :)).
  7. tmukho

tmukho

New Delhi
    I am really delighted to c all the brain waves traveling on this thread..I am aware of post by "PatchyBoy" as when I bought my Palio 10yrs bck, the user service book had a page which has details of owners as well as Fiat Advantage booklet a mail reply to info the company incase of change of ownership... SO here its is a fab piece like MJD/T Jet can they go wrong Nai not soooo soon ( TD /Demo car)... Secondly the MJD is used by Maruti & Tata so the availability of spares is adequately ensured across the country (IMP as being a def off,am liable to b found at strange places) .. In 10 yrs have done 88 k so the unlimited mileage is a mirage for me & even for ppl around except for fleet owners... A 2012 MJD(Emo) which is 11 l approx in NCR for 7 L OTR (open for nego) is steal ......
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    @tmukho - Agree with everything you have said. Yes, it is a fabulous piece of engineering and yes, the price is a steal. But my question is very simple - If the car was bought brand new by someone else last year, driven for 4300 kms and offered to you now, then you would also inherit the manufacturer's warranty. That being the case, why is the manufacturer's warranty not being offered by the dealer, in spite of you being the first owner (technically). That is where I smell a rat.

Rajan
  9. tmukho

tmukho

New Delhi
    Warranty is only for brand new car.This being a TD/Demo car there is no Manufacturer warranty thats across the segment ...further as mentioned earlier in the post that on change of ownership the warranty is null/ void unless the company if info within 07 days... I have the ack of my previous purchase (Palio)..I am communicating with FIAT for more clarifications..
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Sir, with all due respect - on the one hand, you have quoted me and said that you are aware of what I have stated - namely, manufacturer's warranty getting transferred in case of change of ownership during the warranty period. What you have posted now is in contradiction.

I repeat myself - If you have already made a decision to buy the TD/Demo car, no matter what, please go ahead. IMHO, you should stay away from that car for two reasons:

1. People think of themselves as Michael Schumacher when driving TD cars
    2. There is no manufacturer's warranty being offered - even for the balance period, which you would get, if you were to buy an used car with the same manufacturing date and kilometerage.

But, at the end of the day, it is your money and it is your decision. If all goes well, you are the one that is going to be happy and God forbid, if something goes wrong and ends up burning a hole in your pocket, nobody else is going to bear the brunt.

Good luck.

Rajan
    2 people like this.