1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Consequence of Byuing TD/Demo Car

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by tmukho, Feb 11, 2013.

1. tmukho

tmukho

New Delhi
    I am purposely putting this in a new thread as I have recd a lot of advice on the Pros & cons for buying a TD/Demo car:).
    & it shall be academically wise to compile them ...As I have almost made up my mind on byuing One. The options are :-

1. T Jet (10), 945 Kms on Odo & 6.70 OTR NCR: As far as use is concerned It was indeed a TD/Demo car but the Owner used it for his use out of his love for this masterpiece... ( this piece of info is like North Star).
    2. MJD(12),4300 Kms :eek:& 6.90 OTR NCR.

I have test driven both the cars. As they are TD/Demo Theres NO FIAT WARRANTY except TMS...

SO guys:D....
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I believe once you buy it and put up a regularly updated Ownership Thread on TFI, we shall all know what the consequences of owning a TD car are.

Cheers.
  3. I had a TD Linea a standby car when my car had some chassis issues, I felt that Linea was quite good at refinement and was giving dent FE.
    Things like some plastic parts were missing!!
    Although being drive mercilessly the TD car was still a good car.
  4. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    The Tjet will be worth the money you pay. If and only if they haven't ripped off any part from the TD to be placed in some other car :p
  5. puneet mehra

puneet mehra Amatore

Hey Lt. may i know which dealer have the T-jet in their stock in Delhi and NCR as one of my friend is looking to buy a T-Jet..

Regards
    Puneet Mehra
    Fiat Palio 1.2 NV ELX
  6. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I have seen quite a few people around me buy TD cars.
    As long as car drives well now,and has been serviced,i think you can go for it.
    But but,push them for a sweeter deal,a Tjet in chandigarh with 400kms on odo was being offered for 5.5L.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    It is not just about a sweeter deal. These cars are being offered with 1 year dealership warranty and no manufacturer warranty.

Rajan
  8. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    My advice would be to treat the TD car as a pre-owned car and negotiate hard. Also make sure you see the service history and if possible note anything that might need to be done mechanically/electrically etc after you buy it.
  9. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Most of us Purchase used cars?,Dont we?
    As long as i get a 2012 Linea MJD with 4300kms on odo,which drives like a new car, for about 6L i wont really worry.
    If one want's a new car,look ahead,spend a few lakhs more and get a factory fresh model.
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    If you were buying a 2012 used car with 4300 kms on the ODO, but the seller tells you that there is no warranty, will you still be OK? I bought a Sept 2010 T-Jet in Aug 2012, with 143 kms on the ODO, for a tad more than the number you have stated, with 2 years std and 2 years extended warranty. I personally would not have bought the car without warranty, even if it were a lakh cheaper.

Rajan