1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Connecting iphone/ipod to USB in punto E+

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by sreekanthksv, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Hi Guys,

I am having problems to play songs connecting my iphone to the USB option available in 1.3MJD punto E+. Has anyone of you successful in connecting your iphone /ipod through USB. I tried even upgrading my Blue and me software version 5.5 which is supposed to support i phone/ipod but not successful.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Sree,

Have a look at the following search result:

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/search.php?searchid=73711

There are 2 threads already running on ipod connectivity with blue and me besides the ipod adapter thread. Your thread will be merged here with one of these for future discussions.
  3. Thread no longer existing
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
  5. Ahamed Beig

Ahamed Beig Novizio

Bangalore, India
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Please try formatting the your player.

For me, it was hanging. Later as per help posted here, I formatted my Sony mp3 player.
    Then connected to the USD and put the switch to MAR (to locate the libraries by itself) for 4-5 seconds.

Did you upgrade the upgrade the Blue&me by yourself? and How?
  6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Did you try switching to media player? Switching to media player should start playing songs. If that does not work, then go to Menu --> Media Player --> USB settings. You should see different options for iPod over there including your playlists

I am able to do all of the above using Blue and Me version 6.0 which I updated yesterday (didn't try using iPhone with earlier Blue and Me version)
  7. srirambond007

srirambond007 Amatore

Trivandrum
    I am having an iPhone 4S and the Punto sport is expected within 10 days, so from your post I understand that iPhone can be connected to the USB and used as a music player without any adapter, if I upgrade the B&M to version 6.x or above ? Is my understanding correct?
  8. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Nope you can do it with earlier version after June 2011 as well. If required upgrade to 6. My opinion is yours should already have it.