1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Connecting Blackberry phones to Blue n Me...

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by rohanpais, May 24, 2011.

1. rohanpais

Hi Guys,

I just bought a new 1.3MJD punto E+ last week. I am having problems in connecting my BB phone to the Blue n Me option available in the car. Has anyone of you BB users been successful in connecting your phone through Blue n Me?

2. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Have been using my BB curve 8520 for more than a year without any issues.
  3. on the steering wheel press the call(menu) button on the right side button cluster.
    then navigate using the up/down arrows to SETTINGS.
    then select PAIRING.
    there will be 4 digit number(PIN) visible on the MID. note it down. then on the phone.
    blutooth settings.
    pair new sevice
    search new device. you will find My Car.
    select it and enter the 4 digit pin u noted down earlier. and job done.

If this does not work remove your battery -ve terminal for 5 min. and fix back in place and try again.
    check with the fiat uk blue&me site if your car needs blue&me upgrade using the chassis numbers for comaprision
    Last edited: May 24, 2011
  4. rohanpais

Hi nkapoor777 i am also using a BB curve 8520. The pairing shows My Car on the phone but the phone displays a msg unabe to connect...
  5. rohanpais

All the above steps are ok... but when i got to my phone it shows My Car and when i select the same it shows not able to connect.
  6. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

As mentioned by NKapoor, I too have been using Curve 8520 since Dec'10 and till date no issues...
    Dont expect Blue n Me to read SMS as the phone is not compitable...

Blue n Me can sync with your BB address book
    It can recall last called number i think its limited to 10 odd numbers
    If it recognises your voice command, then it can dial out numbers (never works for me) it hates my voice for some reason....

So best of luck
  7. rohanpais

thanks for the updates guys... i will try again. What is the BB OS version you guys are using?
  8. there is a setting in nokia phones. think some thing like that might be there ofr these phones even..
    ask connection every time?
    in nokia phone you put this to yes and it gets connected automatically. there must be some setting like this for blackberry also. am not sure though
  9. royj

royj Esperto

^^ Yes it is called automatic pairing. If this is enabled, the phone and the bluetooth device pairs automatically without requiring any confirmation from the user.