1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Connected a external hard drive on to my stock HU

Discussion in 'Blue and Me' started by Abishek Tripathi, Feb 17, 2012.

1. I have been thinking about it for quite sometime , i have read it on other forums as well that it can be it done , but it needs to be on some special format .

Did a bit more of digging into it read on the alfa romeo forums and other fiat forums that it does not work , anyways i had spare Hard drive wanted to just try and see if actually work or not , formatted the HD using disk utility on my mac to a FAT format ,added some 100 songs plugged it on to my Delphi HU (its crap) which came with the car , it did take some 2 minutes to read ....it's working , so now i am going to add some more songs ,i have huge data base of songs will add some 10 or 20 gb then see if it read's it all .. if it does , should be nice ..

I dont know if this has been done earlier , if yes , Mods request you to please merge the thread .

Regards
    Abhishek
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    @Abhishek: Welcome to TFI, yes Head Unit reads from USB data sources like pen drive, hdd, mobile with SD card mounted etc. Enjoy :)