1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Confusion-PUNTO Fire or MJD

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by silverado, Mar 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Mumbai
    MJD is the way to go forward, with the petrol prices always seeking north. Also the fun to drive the MJD is great with the amount of torque. As for the turbo lag, there are few things that can be done to minimize the lag.

Hope to see your mjd soon
  2. silverado

silverado

Bangalore
    @Soccerfan-i totally agree on your thoughts as on the fuel prices and driving distance:)

@Royj- I will TD the new 2011 Punto MJD and check on that.

Regarding the Turbo Lag am not sure but one thing i noticed is that once you rev up to 3-4 rpm i dont feel the sudden rush of power as normally felt in the quadrajet and to some extent in DDiS, but considering to have a little fun on the highway is good its not bad with our MJD :)

And Thank you all for such and warm and heartly welcome to the TFI family :D

Kudos!
  3. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto's MJD pickup is known to be Linear unlike the Swift DDiS in which you can feel the Turbo pull. This helps in reducing the Turbo Lag. Also, MJD is not so fun till you slot the third gear. After that it flies!
  4. MJD buddy. That's all I could say, rest is already said by my fellow fiatian's :) Grab one soon. ::T
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    :lol:
    Legend.. wait for it.. Dary.
  6. silverado

silverado

Bangalore
    Hey Thank you all. for your expertise advise, this weekend am going for a TD on PUNTO MJD -Emotion and get back to you guys.:D

How is the service cost going to be if its just to be a normal service every time at a regular interval as said by the Dealer they claim that servicing cost is higher for MJD than FIRE ,is that true?
    But, my personal feeling is that it should not be much of a difference i suppose :)
  7. Aanand

Aanand Amatore

Pune
    MJD - with the amount of kilometres you are going to drive in an average month.
    My trip - Pune to Kolhapur and back
    A/c on all the time - set at 22 degrees.
    Distance - 490 kms.
    Mileage – 27.1 kms per litre
    Secret - kept the RPM needle hovering around 1500 / 1600 as much as possible.
    That means a speed of about 60 to 70 kms per hour.
    Yes. It can be boring – but for the music, that made me prolong the drive as much as possible.
    Pssst... In fact, on more than a few occasions, I caught myself accompanying (loudly) the singer on the track. ::D
    Since the windows were all shut, and I was alone during the drive to Kolhapur, my singing did not alarm anyone else. :lol:
    When I set off, it was not for making a point about the mileage.
    I just routinely set the Trip B meter and then sat back to enjoy the music.
    On reaching Kolhapur, I checked the MID and was pleasantly surprised.
    That encouraged me to repeat the feat on the way back - just to confirm the reading.
    Since my Mother (86 years old) was with me on the way back, I needed to drive slow in any case.
    I know I can do this mileage again any time.
    In fact, I know that I can do better - since I now realize that my habit of idling during halts, caused me to actually lose a few decimal points of kms per litre.
    Moral (if I may) - to avoid overspeeding listen to some great music.
  8. silverado

silverado

Bangalore
    Hey Anand....thats a great ride treat and an awesome write up..:D...
    Yesterday had the PUNTO 90HP TD'n it was awesome, my previous response on the clutch was quiet different this time i felt a lot more ease also the "turbo lag" may be not the evident but certainly its due to the strong build as said earlier by Arun1100 and thouhts of our fellow fiatians:) regarding the service and maintenance is almost the same for MJD and FIRE, purely depends on the driver and his driveablity of the vehicle..

Its, the MJD for sure..:)

Thanks to all my Fiatian buddies.

"FIAT is Driven by Passion"--and crafted for TRUE FAN ;)

Cheers,
    Praveen
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Silverado, So which one have you switched on for :confused
  10. silverado

silverado

Bangalore
    Hey.its for sure am gonna be a MJDian soon.. :clapping :steering