1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Confusion-PUNTO Fire or MJD

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by silverado, Mar 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silverado

silverado

Bangalore
    Hi Fiatians, :)

Am a great fan for FIAT and have recently set my eye on buying my dream car, so need all the expertise to help me out here for choosing between FIRE or MJD.
    Coming to my usage,
    I travel daily to work maximum of 20-30 Kms.
    Weekends for a drive 200-400 Kms.

And also is there still the problem with the clutch being a little hard in MJD as even i felt a little to be so when i drove my friends MJD, also the TURBO Lag when AC is on, this is creating a lot of confusions running in my mind.

Looking forward for all your responses.

Thanks,
    Praveen
  2. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    MJD it should be since you are driving 30kms/day and 300 on a weekend. You would easily touch 1.5k kms in a month. And with petro prices @ 62 range now, buy MJD
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No second thoughts. Soccerfan has said it all.
    Drive a 2011 model Punto MJD by the way. Besides, you'll get adapted to the dynamics of any car you start driving. Some things feel strange (e.g. long clutch travel) at first during test drives but later you don't find it so.

P.S.- Welcome to TFI Silverado. ::T
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    That's right. In my case I got adapted to the long clutch travel during a 7km TD itself and when I came back to my Santro and started, it was like ::OO as if I hit a wall.
  5. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    go for the MJD version its a real VFM.
  6. Warm welcome to TFI Silverado. For your usage of approx 1500+ kms a month, MJD would be the ideal choice (also keeping in mind the rising petrol price).
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    MJD will be a pleasure to drive in Highway and City because of its torque. Overtaking in higher gears will be more effective with MJD. FIRE engine shows its real character little later (at rpm meter). But once a down shift is done it simply fly. I just completed a 300 km trip from Goa to Amboli. My 1.4 FFIRE has done its job so well in 3rd and 4th gear and only very rarely I had to use the second gear. For 20 Km(in Ghat road) I could fly without blocking the Mercedes Benz . That is the charm of Punto.. Thanks for the splendid cornering capacity of Punto. MJD(with 197 NM torque) would have made my experience much more sweeter. If you allow the rpm needle of FIRE to go beyond 3.5 K it start giving the sporty race car like sound. So both the engine has its plus points. I will recommand MJD for your requirements. But go for a test drive, and then decide your choice.
  8. Viking

Viking

Bangalore
    Hi Silvarado

Welcome to TFI.

Am Fan boy to fiat as well..but i too have a concern on the Turbo Lag..but i second all the above.
  9. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Welcome to TFI Viking :wink:
    Unless you are into road rage, turbo lag is some thing you can live with. :)
  10. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore
    Yum Jay Dee for sure! It's super fun to drive. Don't worry about turbo La as its bare minimum.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.