1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Confusion on Polo 1.2 or Punto Evo 1.2 (Petrol)

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by renjithlal, Nov 24, 2014.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    1.4 is good. My reply was based on financial aspect. When you get the Diesel Emotion variant for 20k more than 1.4, it would be wise to go for 1.3 MJD.
  2. renjithlal

renjithlal Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Thank u for a wonderful elaborate reply, ur suggestions are well taken, old GP interior (especially dash board and all not appears well, in comparison, dashboard in evo is excellent, instrument cluster very good, gives a brilliant ambience & feel). From Jan 2015 onwards, I don't think any dealer will given any discount, even now, they are warning there would be a hike of some 3%, so as to make our deal by Dec.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 25, 2014 ---
    No sir, it is not 20 K difference, the difference is almost 1 lac between diesel 1.3 & Petrol 1.2/1.4 in every variant. I can narrate the on-road price for every variant. Active (P) 5.56 lac- (D) 6.48 lac, Dynamic (P)6.29 - (D) 7.62 & Emotion (P) 8.15 - (D) 8.37. Only emotion variant it comes bit closer, but u can see that well cross past 8 lacs. This is the onroad price in Bangalore without Extended Warranty, RSA, and no premium colours. You will have to add min Rs.15000/- for getting these extras (Ext. warr, RSA & Pre. colors).You pls see, the difference.
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
    prabhjot and Ravi like this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I was comparing 1.4 and emotion MJD. 1.4 is available only in the Emotion variant. From the price you have given, the difference is only 22k.
    Ravi and renjithlal like this.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Don't go by this, but try to negotiate for Dec delivery, normally they would like to clean the the stock.

I am sure, you will get few of these free as offer.

Shocking pricing from Fiat. There is no point buying 1.4 FIRE Punto, instead, 1.3 MJD makes much better option.
    ramjn likes this.
  5. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Considering 1.4 emotion is good option comparing the features. If you are not a mile cruncher with min 1000km monthly drive.
    Also consider the FE of both 1.4 & 1.2 too.
    1.2 offers good FE if you are a light footed but less features compared to 1.4. Mostly the air bags & abs are missing in 1.2 dynamic.