1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by ashwani, Aug 25, 2011.

1. ashwani

please help me to make decision for purchase of punto 1.3 mjd.
    i have following major doubt
    -ground clearance
    -compared to swift what should be a decsion.
    - as i anticipate that in event of emergency of resale i may have to sell and punto have less buyer thabt swift.

drivabilty /etc + points i have judged by test drive and it feels confort.

please give best inputs
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    Punto top end versions have the best GC in the category(173 mm)
    This is more of a perception. FIAT cars are getting more attention at service centers these days. TATA ASS has changed a lot. They dont treat/service FIATs like they do for Indica taxis, mentioning this because this is a popular complaint. And, with a Punto or LINEA, the number of vsits to ASS is really minimal, except for routine services.
    There may be very bad ASS centres too. But this aplies to every other car maker.
    This is not entirely true. There are buyers for new generation FIATs @ reasonable price. You get decent resale value.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Ashwani, welcome to TFI.

First of all let us know about your current city where you live. We can tell about the quality of service and good service centers then.

Type of roads in your area. Punto 1.3MJD has a GC of 173mm though the car is long (3987mm so as long as Indigo CS) with a long wheelbase (2510mm) so tends to scrap on big potholes and unscientific speed breakers, if you don't slow down. But even then, Punto comes with an engine guard below that protects the engine and oil sump so you can be assured of safety.

Swift is not a competitor of Punto at all. It is one segment below. Punto competes with Polo/i20/Jazz/Fabia.
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    I agree with fiatlover here. I have sold my 6 months old Punto to upgrade to Linea. The price I got was very decent.