1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Confused - Punto 90HP or Fiat Linea Dynamic or Chevrolet Optra Magnum TCDI LS

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by TheDrifter, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The Drifter, I hope you have seen my post in your introduction thread.

You mentioned something about rough roads. Be aware that FIAT cars are not happy to be driven on rough roads. Do keep TATA Safari in the shortlist in case the roads aren't the smoothest.

I have recently shifted out of Chandigarh and have to keep my car grounded for many trips and have to take bus so that a new rattle does not appear.
  2. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Hey Anand. I hope you have already decided to get the 90HP in your stable. But if you still want to test(taste) the difference between a 90HP and a 75HP (I clocked 180kmph (Odometer reading) on the ORR this morning in my GP MJD Active), you can join us at the meet which is planned this saturday (23rd July). Please PM me your mobile number, so that we can discuss further and also regarding the spoiler query you had.
    Cheers,
    Kiran
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I think Fiat cars do better than any cars on rough roads.
  4. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    @sungoa- But they are meant to be driven on tarmac! Not gravel :D
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  5. TheDrifter

TheDrifter Amatore

Hyderabad
    I'm afraid i might end up travelling roughly about 1/2 km on gravel road on my way back from Home to Work which cant be avoided as other route is more worst with potholes. So ideally if i drive pretty easy on gravel road maintaining safe speed of 20km/hr , will it be OK without damaging the suspension or any chance of prone to rattles? I don't wanna hear any rattles in my love as i lived it worst in my ex-love(Lancer diesel). Please suggest the ways to avoid those rattles and noises.

Thanks,
    Anand
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I don't think driving at 20kmph on gravel, or even potholes for that matter, will cause any harm to the suspensions or the car unless you drive like a rally car on such plains. It mostly depends on how you drive.
    How the car treats you depends on how you treat the car.
  7. TheDrifter

TheDrifter Amatore

Hyderabad
    Finally bought FiatGrande PUNTO90HP diesel RED Color on Sunday 31/07/2011...
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Congrats dude.

Start up an ownership thread and post lots of details and pics.

Cheers
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Fantastic.

Closing this thread now. Open new thread in ownership section.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.