1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Confused - Punto 90HP or Fiat Linea Dynamic or Chevrolet Optra Magnum TCDI LS

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by TheDrifter, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12

Yes CountRock I mean to say Pune but it was typo mistake. Its love for Punto that whenever it comes Pun it automatically becomes Punto :lol

@TheDrifter after lots of thinking and calculation I opted Punto 90HP BNW. Booked it on 14th July & will be getting on 23rd July.
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    TheDrifter the price difference in 75HP & 90HP Punto is almost 1 lac, its near about 30-40k. However Its worth to pay extra 30-40k for 90HP Punto.

90HP Punto has less NVH and good response from Engine than the 75HP. BTW its the latest technology so go for it.
  3. Hey Drifter,

I guess by now you have got the answers for the punto vs linea vs optra, I would like to add to it that I recently sold my city and booked punto 90HP..well talking of power difference the turbo lag is der till 1.8Krpm and opens only beyond that..in city having 75 or 90 wont make a huge difference but its on the highway which really matters and 90hp fly's low...:redcar...and even the mileage is a better one when compared to 75...
  4. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Optra Magnum is a wonderful car to drive. No doubt about it. but it is outdated and the spare parts are very very expensive. coming to features in the version you are looking for, i would say a big NO NO. as if it is Optra it has to be LT model. The beauty comes only with ACC, Leather upholstry, Lumber support and what not.

Coming to comparison. I would say the all three cars are different leagues all together.
    Punto 90HP is something an aggressive, enthusiast should drive. If you one among them go for it. don't worry about the boot, it is sufficient to digest good amount of luggage.

And as Kedar said if it's linea it has to be EPack.

If i were you:
    1. Optra Magnum: if i wear suit to office and have a chaffeur to drive. Don't care about parts cost and running cost
    2. Punto 90HP. It is me. who loves to zoom on higways and city and want a head turner. Beauty and the beast. a deadly combo
    3. Linea: If i can afford a ePack and have a family with kids. I would go for this for sure. this will feed my driving hunger and gives my family a class of their own.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Totally agree to Shashant for each and every point.
  6. TheDrifter

TheDrifter Amatore

Hyderabad
    @Shashank - Thanks for crystal clear explanation. I'm quite clear now to go ahead for booking. Thanks to each and everyone in this is thread who expressed their views. Appreciate it. Will keep more updates soon as i progress through my journey towards buying new Punto90.
    I decided to go with HDFC Bank finance with quote of interest rate around 11.50% .Yet to get confirmation from their end.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    TheDrifter I also got the loan from HDFC Bank & the interest rate is 12.25%. after lots of bargaining. I got 50% Discount on Processing fee it was Rs. 100.
  8. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    @TheDrifter: Congratulations buddy.

Let me tell you an incident. On our Chail Meet, all of us were closing 160kmph and then suddenly Aneesh zoomed passed me. He must be somewhere around 180-190 kmph. and on ghat road all of us were at 70-80kmph and Aneesh again zoomed passed at 100+ and after reaching the next ghat he shooted a video of all of us...

That time i made a decision that my next ride would be 90HP. I already love the beauty and handling of Punto and 90HP provides the required power also.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Thats great Shashank. All these incidents making me so curious about my new ride 90HP Punto BNW. I will be getting the car on Saturday
  10. TheDrifter

TheDrifter Amatore

Hyderabad
    @Shahank - Thanks for lively practical example. Now that excited me a lot :) Cant wait till i get my hands on my dear Punto90. Tomorrow I'm going to pay advance for my baby and start HDFC bank loan processing.
    @Kedarbendre - I know you might be spending sleepless nights till saturday :). What all accessories you planning to put on the beast ?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.