1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Confused - Punto 90HP or Fiat Linea Dynamic or Chevrolet Optra Magnum TCDI LS

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by TheDrifter, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDrifter

TheDrifter Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hi All,
    I hope i get an answer for my dilemma situtation . Till date i made up my mind to go for Punto 90HP beast, now when i got price quote from Tejaswi Motors, Hyderabad the price is almost 8lks on road. Now saying that I'm totally happy with my decision but then family and friends say Why you spend 8lks for a "Small car" :( is the question I'm being asked. There starts the confusion, after looking through Price quotes for Linea, the max i can stretch budget is for Dynamic which is around 9.30 lks, without Audio System nor ABS.
    I'm a vivid driver loves to go on long drives and yeap kinda say i fly low. So i feel ABS is must for safety.But budget is the constraint. Can't stretch 2lks more to acquire Emotion for ABS.
    Other part of brain says why not Chevrolet Optra Magnum LS TCDI which comes for 9.60 lks with Mp3 and Alloys after free insurance offer. So now i have this mixed thoughts in my head. Please suggest me what would be ideal bet.
  2. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    If you need the boot space and marginally above rear bench think about the Linea. If you are travelling along all the time why would you need sedan.

Does the Optra magnum come with ABS in the version you have quoted. Also ignore what others say - the indian mentality will never accept 8L for a small car, however chucking the car is going to be easy as well finding a parking.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  3. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Punto is not really a small car! I mean it is a hatchback! But it is huge! It is only a foot and a half feet shorter than a Honda City! Also there is no point in letting go of all the features just to get a little more boot space or to have a "Sedan".

PS: With the folding seats of the Punto technically you can far more things in the back! I actually got a 2Ton split AC (Both units) from Mumbai to Pune!
  4. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I agree with Countrock. The Punto is a big car in hatch configuration. With the features that you get, it is worth every rupee that you pay.

In most countries, car models are available in hatch & sedan configurations, and in the case of certain models, the hatch is actually more expensive than the sedan! The logic is that a hatch represents a "lifestyle" vehicle.

Regards
    Johnny
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Punto 90 is my pick.

The optra is a hangover car from an era gone by, so don't think about it.

Punto 90 is an ideal balance. Only thing it lacks is a boot. And this fact has its pros and cons. Only thing is that sometimes, being a hatch, it's not 'percieved' as a so called status car. But, only the driver knows the pedigree of the Punto.

Even though we own a Linea, but i'm biased towards the 90 and feel jealous on seeing a 90, even when driving the Linea MJD E+ :p .

Go for the 90.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    +1 If you consider weight it is more heavier and more stable than Honda city. Punto 90HP 1190 kg, City 1100 kg).
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2011
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    TheDrifter I was also in the same situation when I sold my 1.2 Emotion Punto & was looking for new car. I was also confused in Punto 90HP, Linea Active and Optra Magnum LS.

Punto 90HP

There is nothing you can point in the car, except boot when you compare Punto with other 2 cars.

Linea

IMO if its Linea it should be Emotion Pack. Linea is that kind of car. Check out for Linea Dynamic Pack. As per my information Linea Dynamic has an optional ABS. 9.30 lacs for Dynamic is too high price for Linea. Here in Punto it comes around 8.40 lacs approximatly.

Optra Magnum

IMO Optra is now outdated with its looks. Optra LS does not have ABS, Auto AC, Airbags & lots of features & for that you have to Oprta LT. If you buy LT still you wont get Punto like features.
    Optra is not as fuel efficient as Linea or Punto. You check out the warrenty offered on Optra, i think its for 2 years or 50000kms. It has that crappy Chevy Promise Maintanance Scheme you will get your car service for free. But for that you need to service your car for every 5000km & you have to Pay Rs. 45000 for the shitty promise. In Punto or Linea you have service interval of 15000km.

Final Verdict:

If you can stretch your budget then go for Linea or else stick to Punto 90HP.
  8. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I think you mean Pune :p
    Not sure there the OP is from, from the prices it seems Bangalore :p

The boot of the Punto is not really small, also with the fordable seats as mentioned earlier you can load the car up with a lot more stuff.

Also going from a premium Hatch with top of the line features to a mid range Sedan really makes no sense to me, unless you need the car for 4-5 people regularly for long trip and will be travelling with a lot of luggage. Even if this was the case, not having all the safety features will really put it out of the running (mid range sedans)
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  9. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Go for the punto 90HP! Because it has got more feature than those two and is really fun to drive!
    Cheers,
    Jishnu
  10. TheDrifter

TheDrifter Amatore

Hyderabad
    Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback friends. Saying that may i also know how much power difference would be from Punto 75 to Punto 90? I haven't personally driven P75 yet, but heard it's almost same as P90 till 120kmph and in P90 turbo Punch kicks in. Is it advisable to stick on Punto 75 or is Punt90 worth every penny ,because I'm comparing GP 75 Emotion with GP90 Emotion Pk and price tag difference is almost a lakh. Hope your answers will clear of this little nitch from my mind and i can go ahead with Punto90 booking.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.