1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Confused! Punto 90hp or Abarth or Amaze D-tec? Please help me out!

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Avinash, Mar 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If you want safe car then go for FIAT, if you are okay to compromise on this factoer go to Honda sure they too will have a good engine but longevity of Honda Diesel is question as they are building it like a Petrol engine.
  2. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Yeah, indeed! As I said, if Abarth Punto is coming this year end, then I can ask my dad to go for ALTO K10 for the time being, and then would shift to Abarth by year end. But when would Abarth Punto come?

- - - Merged Post - - -

Yeah definitely I would TD the AMAZE Diesel. But what about new Punto 2013?

And no, since Linea MJD is already there, not looking for sedans for the time being. Also, since Amaze falls in less than 4000mm category, so it would be easy to drive within the crowded streets of Pondicherry and Chennai!

- - - Merged Post - - -

Yes, would definitely TD AMAZE. Yeah, thanks again for reminding me Ecosport! Any idea of the launch date??

And no TJET as of now. Since my MJD is still rocking! I never felt it underpowered anytime! Mind blowing mileage, and also, have taken it upto speeds of 180kph! And yes, 2009 MJD can do 180kph! Did it once to just check how much can the puny 1248cc take from the 1.3ton beast! :p

- - - Merged Post - - -

Even i feel the same for now. Have to TD to experience the difference.

No, dad doesn't want to go for any used cars. It would be wise enough to get a cheap petrol car, for the time being, if and only if Abarth comes by this year end. If they launch it in late 2014, he feels, he can change the car that we're buying now.

- - - Merged Post - - -

LOL! It's now around Rs 62/litre... Hahaa!
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    That's the way crumple zones are designed - to absorb the energy and save the occupants.

Avinash - If you've the budget for Abarth why even consider Amaze, both are poles apart and if you can wait get the Abarth. However you can't use this as a beater car, need to take care from the maddening traffic we've in the cities.
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Guys , Please get this rumor out of your minds.. FIAT will not launch "ANY" new products this year. (Forget the JEEP) .
    So dont keep anything from FIAT's stride in mind when you want to book anything.
    punto/linea are the only ones available .
  5. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Well, they never stated the ABARTH's launch even during their plans for the next 3 years! :confused: Any updates on refreshed 2013 Punto 90hp!? Can we expect either a 6-speed gearbox or the semi-dualogic on Punto 90hp?

To my knowledge, the semi-dualogic gear box was unveiled at Delhi Auto show before the launch of T-Jet. And they still haven't introduced it to the Indian Market. And FIAT is the only major brand here in India without an automatic transmission car! :(
    1 person likes this.
  6. Gaurav Chakraborty

Gaurav Chakraborty Amatore

New Delhi
    why???how u knw abt this??as much as i knw abarth is going to be launched in june this yera..so what happened??
  7. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    However long the wait i guess the Abarth would be worth it... So if it suits you maybe u can do with a temporary alto or something.
    And its pretty obvious that that the Abarth will be most fun to drive compared to the amaze or even the 90hp punto. Not to forget that itll be a head turner also! ;)
  8. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    In their own timeline charts FIAT has mentioned about the Refresh versions and Classic Linea. But the show room guys will never tell anything as revealing such info will badly hit the sales of present versions.

Avinash! If you have patience I suggest you to wait like me :)

Regards
    Gopi
    3 people like this.
  9. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    That's true!!! Wonder why they're like that! :confused:

And, the need is urgent. So have to get a replacement for M800, asap. Between any idea of how much M800 would fetch? It has done 77k kms. Got it 6 years back.

By the way, AMAZE reviews are out! Looks way too impressive!!!

Honda Amaze review, test drive | Review | Autocar India

2013 Honda Amaze diesel India first drive - Overdrive

100PS power, that gives a mind blowing mileage, with a very very 'strong' performance, of even higher segment cars, spacious interiors, and also, less than 4000mm!

Eagerly waiting for the launch.

And also, waiting for 3rd April, 6-speed or semi-dualogic Punto 90hp!? Fingers crossed!
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  10. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Coming from a blind Fanboy ehhh?
    Just today i was overtaken by a pristine 98 OHC 1.5 type 1,and the guy must have been cruising at 130-140,and we are talking of a 15 year old Honda here.
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.