1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Confused between Baleno delta/alpha CVT or the Figo titanium DCT

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by csr1969, Sep 19, 2016.

1. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

KA 38, bidar, AP 10 secunderabad
    hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi guys,
    I am posting a new thread for my confusion to clear. My father-in-law uses a nano for himself and it was decided that after my elder son goes to USA, his car the Figo would go to him besides the nano. So, I postponed my purchase decision of purchasing an XUV500 by a year and ended up buying a TJET (pre-owned) alongside the MJET which I owned. So, now recently my FIL was diagnosed with weaker joints and doctor restricted driving manual cars. So, recently me and my BIL decided that we'll gift a new automatic car for his 65th birthday which is in December. So, planning to sell my Figo in December as my son is also leaving for USA in December.
    After a round of TD's we short listed the following candidates :
    1.) Hyundai i20 magna AT- rejected after the test drive because the 1.2ltr engine and 4speed AT was not enough. Secondly, it was only available in magna trim which is the mid trim which misses on ABS.
    2.) Honda Jazz V AT- the TD was good. The 5speed AT was good and responsive. Though the interiors felt flimsy in most parts. Short listed for round-2.
    3.) Baleno CVT- We TD'ed the alpha CVT and the Baleno looks well-equipped of the lot with Apple car play which immediately sealed the deal for my BIL(he is a techie guy). CVT was good enough.
    4.) Ford Figo titanium DCT - the car looks quite good and ford has done quite a good job in improving the Figo. But somehow the steering didn't feel as connected in my old Figo and it didn't feel heavy than my older one but definitely felt heaviest of the lot. This one has HLA+ESP+HDC which was the segment first. This got finalized but ford could've given 6airbags and sync as an option. But still it is well kitted considering its price.

So after a lot thinking, we selected the Baleno CVT and the Figo DCT. Unable to decide which will take place of my existing Figo. Need experts view on this. We are on a restricted budget of 8lakhs +little buffer. But Baleno alpha CVT is out of reach and only delta CVT is in our reach. Please add any car which I haven't TD'ed. But I feel that somehow Figo is the best of the lot. Please post your comments.

Thanks,
    CSR
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    My choice would be Figo DCT.

Baleno, though they advertise as re-inforced metal, weighs about 800kgs (like an Alto) only. And in a recent very minor accident in Kerala (Baleno kissing a Jetta from the rear in thick traffic) Baleno got its front totally damaged with the airbags deployed.

Figo, though losing a bit of Ford's signature, is still better one.
  3. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    i20 Auto comes with 1.4 engine, not with 1.2 with almost 100 PS of power. But it's highly overpriced.

My pic would be the Ford Figo DCT. It's real VFM and is good to drive.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    The Ford Powershift dct is from reports from around the world: extremely troublesome. So. Also imo the Ford Figo+Aspire are rather under-tyred.

Can I suggest the Tata Bolt or even Zest, or even a Tiago, if one or all of them come with the amt (am not totally sure, think it is does)? Toughest build and best ride quality of the lot (barring the Punto), just-good-allround, well-'featured' too, and altogether 'good'-looking imo, esp the interiors.

cheers

@csr1969
  5. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi guys,
    My SA at Mody Ford (from whom I got my old Figo and maintaining with them ) says that if I book the car in November last week so that we can get the requested Colour. We have a Colour requirement i.e deep sea blue, which will take a few days to arrive and secondly it's a DCT. So, he says that it will arrive in December and me being a repeated customer, they said that he'll be able to give a maximum discount upto 80k and some freebies such as seat covers, car cover, foot and trunk mats, illuminated scuff plates and mud flaps. I am planning to add a reverse camera with auto dimming feature. So, if I purchase now, I'll have to pay 8.20lacs OTR. If I end up purchasing in December, I'll end up paying 7.40lacs + freebies. If they are able to give good price for my Figo, I'll opt for an exchange and I'll end up getting 35k as an exchange bonus (as per my SA). Secondly, I recently met a person with his ecosport DCT which had come for 1.90lac Kms service. I met him during my 60k Kms service. He says that the car has been quite reliable and quite efficient. This sealed the deal against Figo DCT. I am getting quite a good deal on the new one. Secondly, Tata was out because the TASS is not at all good and the service centre is around 30kms far from my place. So, didn't consider zest AMT. So, almost finalized Figo DCT being VFM and feature rich. So I'll have to book it in November last week. I am yet to receive a quote for my old Figo. So, heart and head both won and Figo it is.

Thanks
    CSR
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Mods please free to close the thread as I have found the answer to my problem. Thanks guys for your valuable inputs.
    Turbothinghy likes this.