1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Confused between a few cars for upgrade

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by csr1969, May 24, 2016.

1. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

KA 38, bidar, AP 10 secunderabad
    hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi guys,
    I am posting a new thread as I am confused between few cars among which I should purchase one. Here are the vehicles that I have short listed :

1.) Fiat linea TJET - Paid an advance but could not buy it as the owner was willing to keep it despite his onsite trip of 2 years. Planning to buy a new linea tjet if possible.
    2.) Mahindra XUV 500 - actually bought one from my cousin few months ago, but he was missing it so much that he bought it back from me a month ago at the same price. Dilemma for a used or a new XUV 500 is still wandering my mind.
    3.) Toyota Fortuner - Planning to buy a used one as the new one is not worth it. Just after reading the ownership review of Fortuner by ace on teambhp, even I made up my mind that ever if I were to buy an SUV it should be a 4x4. Have managed to find a 2014 Fortuner in black run 16,000 and is an automatic as well. Asking price is Rs.13,85,000 negotiable.

4.) BMW X1 - even this will be pre-owned. The hunt for this car is still on.

Now a new confusion is that family says to sell off Linea, nano and Figo as my elder son who drives both Figo and nano is leaving for USA for a long period of time for higher studies and settlement and they say that linea is a bit old as it has 6sum figure on its odo.
    I am unable to decide which car will occupy my garage. Guys need your suggestions on this.

Thanks in advance,
    CSR
  2. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I guess Fortuner is the best with respect to the price and kilometer concerned. 13,85,000 is a dam good deal if the owner is trustworthy on the mileage.
  3. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Fortuner makes alot of sense for that price.
  4. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
  5. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    If Linea is so close to you, don't leave it. Others may find the odo with a lakh km or more, but will fail to see the connection you have with Linea.
    Keep the Linea, sell off figo and nano and get XUV or Fortuner. Bimmer may put more holes in pocket, but will be good to show of that badge.
    csr1969 and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  6. jayadev.m4u

jayadev.m4u Amatore

Vijayawada
    @csr1969: hello sir. I've seen your options and a used fortuner for that price is good but just be careful to find out the history of it perfectly. And since bmw x1 is also on your list I assume you are fine with a 5 seater too. If you don't mind to try a non city commuting & have a go anywhere adventurer kind of a car I would like to suggest you to checkout the new Isuzu D-max Vcross which is a proper 4x4 pickup and a has a different style statement altogether. I've seen it participating in the British Cross Country Championship offroad rally and stood first beating the land rovers as a production class car without mods. All this at a cost of 12.49lakh ex-showroom Chennai.

http://isuzudmaxvcross.in/

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
    Last edited: May 26, 2016
    csr1969 likes this.
  7. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I'd say keep the Linea .. the feeling of driving an old cared for car is something else.

As for the Fortuner - be careful the spares cost is skyhigh. I'd rather suggest to wait for a Jeep.
    csr1969 and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  8. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi guys,
    My decision is almost in the stage of confirmation. Planning to buy a new mahindra XUV 500 W10 in pearl artic white. Decision made after experiencing the Fortuner 2012 model 4x4 variant for a week and liked its 4x4 attributes and disliked it for its boat-like handling which made my decision to go against the Fortuner, as my drives are mostly on highways than dirt tracks. So here goes the Fortuner. My decision in favour of XUV 500 was made as one of my friend owns a new XUV 500 in opulent purple and he gave his XUV to me in the last week just to have a feel of new XUV and I could see an ocean of changes from my erstwhile XUV. So here comes the XUV. So family says to sell the 3 cars i.e linea, Figo and nano and buy a new car alongside a pre-owned linea tjet if I really love linea so much. So decision is in my favour. Need your views on this.

Thanks and regards
    CSR
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    It will depend on how much would be your running. Keep the Linea or rehaul it. Buy a low used XUV500 in case you find one.
    csr1969 likes this.
  10. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi @asimpleson,
    My linea is perfectly alright but family is pressurizing to sell it and buy only a new car and if I'm really interested in linea, they say me to buy a low run linea tjet alongside the new car. My linea does not require any engine overhaul as it is absolutely fine. My running on linea was earlier 1600-2000kms and now it is around 800-1000kms as I also own a 2012 Ertiga and I was the first one in whole Hyderabad to buy it and started using it from October extensively as it had 17,000kms during October and now it has done around 25,000kms and as per my requirements I need 2-3 types of cars as per the roads I travel hence I have cars belonging from different segments.

Thanks
    CSR