1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Confused about Kitchen Chimney

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by zenwalker, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Zenwalker,

Now many Indian players have also come up with better models. We have a SunFlame Chimney at home and its working fine. Do consider Indian brands as you would save some money.
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  2. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    Even iam also looking for the hub & chimney. How about the elica..?
  3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Check out Glenn also as they are coming with new stylish hubs & chimneys. With a combo you can avail a good discounts too.
    Try to bargain as much as you can.
  4. Problem with these chinese products is , after few years filters may not be available although rest of the stuff is in perfect condition.
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  5. pradeepg245

pradeepg245 Amatore

Hyderabad

May be but Gilma has very good brand presence in Hyderabad and selling in good number. Service centre is also very responsive. So getting spares may not be a problem.
  6. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I agree with the filters but if you use a duct for smoke to release then the filters are not required at all.
    For this you need to make a hole to wall or create a duct by using PVC pipe till window exhaust outlet.
  7. pradeepg245

pradeepg245 Amatore

Hyderabad
    I think Filters are required to hold the Oil and this needs to be cleaned once a while. Hole is required to flow the smoke out. In our case ~6" hole was made to the wall. But this will be concealed behind a U shaped metal sheet
  8. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    I have been using Gilma with self cleaning feature no issues till now had few issues with the hob (from Gilma) it self there service is good + 1 got Microwave free along with the chimney and hob with discount during an offer.
  9. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    I have used both Elica and Faber - i vote for Faber.

OT : unfortunately, Elica had manufacturing issue and complaints went unheeded and i had to litterly shout in the shop at bannerghatta road show room so that the owner send the technician... After 2 weeks they replaced the burner of the stove and still had some issues after that.
    however chimney was ok
  10. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Faber is GOOD and strong in service center , one call they will be @ ur door , so i prefer faber, also nowadays Hindware chimney is good , as its completly imported product
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.