1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Confused about Kitchen Chimney

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by zenwalker, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Dear All,

We are on a verge to buying a Kitchen Chimney. Have been googling about Reviews on the vendors. Offline, online reviews has narrowed me to Gilma or Faber.

Though on mouthshut.com, both of the above mentioned vendors have been bad mouthed alot. The same holds good with Glen and Hob vendors too.

With same requirements on each vendor,

Gilma has a plastic motor.
    Faber has a metal motor.

Apart from that i do not see much of a difference in terms of material used (Pardon me if i am wrong), so i would like to get you guys opinions.

Basically we want a good Customer service, durability and Quality in handling all kinds of indian cuisines ;)

2. pradeepg245

pradeepg245 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hi Zen, We have Gilma Chimney and Hob. working fine since 2 years. Recently gave the chimney for servicing as we have observed oil spilling onto the ceiling. Customer support in Hyderabad is very prompt and the issue was rectified by replacing a part. As it was out of warrenty, we had to pay for it. I will post Pics if required. :)
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Could you please write a up a review or comparison of both ??
    Thanks
  4. pradeepg245

pradeepg245 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Sorry didnt get you. Which both?
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Gilma vs Hob which you have! Sorry.
  6. pradeepg245

pradeepg245 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hob just means stove.i meant both stove and chimney are from gilma
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Faber just for the lifetime filter they use in their chimneys, damn easy to clean.
  8. Vote for faber,there is faber dealer opposite PES college Srinagar.his ship is in the basement just before KR hospital.
    If you are worried about noise go for Sil-k series,my in laws replaced their gilma with a faber as filter wasnot available.
    It seems gilma is chinese manufactured product.
  9. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Hindware Chimney is good , its completely from Italy , also faber is good , but advantage here is you can dry the oil out from chimney easily
  10. pradeepg245

pradeepg245 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Yes Gilma is chinese
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.